cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost folder

Lost folder

JudyK1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had to replace my laptop. When setting up Dropbox on my new laptop, I discovered that a whole folder was missing. It contained thousands of embroidery files that I had purchased and downloaded from the internet. It is just gone.  Any ideas where I might find it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Did they actually upload to Dropbox?

What does it show at www.dropbox.com/events ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Did they actually upload to Dropbox?

What does it show at www.dropbox.com/events ?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JudyK1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

There seems to be a conflict between Dropbox and One Drive.  Though I saved the designs to Dropbox, I got an icon of an empty box and did not know how to correct this. On the new computer, I did not enable One Drive so maybe I need to look at my old computer for that.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @JudyK1 

No 2 cloud storage systems work together well. If you have tried to just move from OneDrive to Dropbox did you download everything locally first and then reupload to Dropbox? If not it wont work - there is no way to upload online only files between cloud providers without thirdparty paid addons. 

JudyK1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you.  That makes sense. Now to figure out how to do that.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JudyK1 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?