cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Permissions Error

Permissions Error when trying to remove my access from a shared folder I don't own

permissions
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My basic account has a permissions error. I need someone from Dropbox to look at the backend of the account. Is there any employees of Dropbox that monitors this forum? Failing that, is there a way to contact Dropbox without buying a contract? Otherwise, maybe just deleting and recreating my account might be the way forward?

11 Replies 11

permissions
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've already done that. It doesn't really achieve anything that hasn't already been said.

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 23.33.22.png

If you read the rest of the thread then it will probably be helpful.

At the risk of continually repeating myself, I actually need someone to look at the permissions on the user account. 

If you can't do that then can you please escalate it to someone who can.

If you guys don't actually want to escalate this then that's fine, just stop replying and I'll delete the account and then we're all happy.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @permissions, keep in mind that I am here to help as much as I possibly can, and I will continue to do so. 

However, you keep mentioning that you came across a permission error, but I haven't been able to see it on any of the screenshots. It'd be important for me to have visual of this. 

Have you tried using another browser, to check if you notice the same behavior there? 

Also, in your latest screenshot, you're looking at the wrong place. Have you followed these steps? 

• Sign in to dropbox.com.
  • Hover over the name of the folder you'd like to permanently remove and click the share icon (rectangle with an up arrow).
  • Click [x] people have access.
  • Click the dropdown next to your name.
  • Click Remove my access.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?