cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared link permissions

Shared link permissions

Kateberryyt
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, i am having trouble with my videos on patreon. I create content for patreon and usually share a link from my Dropbox and post it there. My members can then click the link to view the content, however the last few days it hasn't been working and instead I am receiving a message from Dropbox requesting I grant the subscriber access every time they try to view. This is totally impracticle and need it like the old way. My link permissions are set to anyone with the link can view so no idea what's happening. Please help! Thank you

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Kateberryyt, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Have you tried editing the URLs of your shared links by replacing www with dl as this will directly render content for public links in the browser?

Let me know how it goes if you get the chance to give this a go!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Kateberryyt
Explorer | Level 4
I hadn't tried that but have done so now, I replaced the www. With dl as suggested and then got a message from patreon saying url could not be read. Unfortuantely hasn't resolved, thanks for the suggestion though

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Kateberryyt, can you let us know how you usually share your Dropbox links with Patreon? 

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kateberryyt
Explorer | Level 4
I just click the link in the video I wish to share and copy it into my patreon post, worked fine until this issue arose last week. I've now gone with a different supplier because this is my income that's been affected so I shall be cancelling my Dropbox imminently
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kateberryyt Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?