cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading photos from phone

Uploading photos from phone

Mie I.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I basically got Dropbox in order to move my enormous collection of pictures and videos from my iPhone to somewhere else...The transfer went fine for a while, but then it has stopped and I keep seeing a message saying "waiting to upload". I have quit the application and relaunched, which does nothing. I have even upgraded Dropbox, as I suspect I will need the extra space...

There is still over 400 pictures which are "waiting to upload" plus a few videos. And did I mention I started this process 13th of December...?

37 Replies 37

UK-H
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Message said that I would lose my data so did not

UK-H
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Okay bit the bullet and reinstalled app. First of all a page came up (that I haven't seen since - just like after last update) that showed all the photos to select for backup. Pretty cool so I selected. Next was to pick the file for storage - photos - did that. Then to pick a file within photos. I was just about to create one when the entire app crashed. Opened it again this time was able to go to settings where I enabled automatic backup etc. The photo tab showed 14 so clicked on tab and guess what? Same wifi error message as before. So that didn't fix it for my iPhone 7S. Now what?

UK-H
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
On drobox app description for new update stated that this iOS problem had been fixed.

UK-H
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I have been through this ever since I started downloading my photos a week ago. I have reset modem, turned wifi on and off in settings - nothing changed. All of my other apps using wifi are just fine except for Dropbox

UK-H
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Logged out and back in before contacting Forum. Didn't work then and unfortunately doesn't now. Read on one post that used cell connection and it worked. Not a way that I use my data plan when I am connected to the wifi - which I was before and after signing out. Ironically my not insubstantial subscription just renewed. Extremely unhappy, disappointed and frustrated. Using an iPhone 7S.

UK-H
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Above message. I logged out and back in

MeirAustralia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same problem here. Why hasn't dropbox admins/support bothered to reply to us all? Its obviously a huge world-wide issue.

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there,

If you are using the Camera Uploads feature , please first check that these requirements are met:

• You have a strong WiFi connection
  • Your device has sufficient battery life available (camera uploads will pause when battery life is low)
  • If you have a free Dropbox account, you have connected your computer to your personal Dropbox account, you have upgraded your personal account to Dropbox Pro

For iOS users:

Background uploading

Background uploading allows camera uploads to finish adding photos to your Dropbox, even if you didn't open the Dropbox app. To enable:

1. Open the Dropbox app.
  2. Open the Settings menu.
  3. Scroll to the Camera Upload section.
  4. Toggle Background Uploading to On.

Notes on background uploading: Normally, camera uploads only runs while the Dropbox app is open and for a few minutes after you close it. This is due to a limitation in iOS. However, if you turn on background uploading, the app will automatically resume uploads whenever it detects a significant change in your iPhone's location.

For Android users:

Once camera uploads is enabled, the following things happen:

- Dropbox automatically adds eligible photos and videos to the Camera Uploads folder in your Dropbox

- When you launch Dropbox from your phone or tablet, the Dropbox app adds any photos or videos taken since the last time the app was open, or the last time the app was connected to your computer

Note: Camera uploads will only upload photos that are located in the Camera or Screenshots folders of your device's photo or gallery app. If your photos are not in this app then they will not be uploaded to Dropbox.

When you choose Wi-Fi only for Camera Uploads, background uploading will not use your cellular data and will resume when your device connects to a Wi-Fi network again.

Once you have checked all of the above and still are experiencing issues with your uploads, as a first step try signing out and then back in to the app. If that doesn't solve the issue, please remove and reinstall the Dropbox app on your mobile device:

https://www.dropbox.com/mobile

If you keep having issues even after reinstalling the app, so that our support team can investigate and assist you on this, please go to www.dropbox.com/support and submit a ticket request.

Once you do, please let us know with the ticket number ID you will receive in your mail and we'll be happy to help!

Thank you.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dan R.16 Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    Elsie J. New member | Level 1
    Megan R.2 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?