cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Come meet Theresa who is excited to join this awesome Dropbox Community. Learn all about her here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile upload on iPhone not working since a few days

mobile upload on iPhone not working since a few days

dr4
Helpful | Level 6

since a few days the upload on my iPhone 14 Pro Max is not working good, but it only makes problems when i am in "mobile upload" mode. 

all is good on every WLAN, but when i switch my location out of a WLAN to mobile, it makes trouble: the upload count shows "2" photos when there is actually only ONE new picture to upload, and it takes forever.

i have the newest version of the app on my phone, the actual iOS (16.6) installed and tried re-installing the app, restart the phone, clean the cache, etc... nothing helped.

sometimes it helps, when i get in "flight mode" for a short time while on mobile data, then the dropbox-app will upload again... but still very slow and not permanent.

is there an update in queue with a solution to this problem?

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @dr4, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even cellular data settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

dr4
Helpful | Level 6
i have no restrictions or firewalls in my settings, all worked good a lang time. the problem appeared first time shortly before the last iOS update, then it worked for a short time after the last iOS update very well, now it is the same again, so i posted this discussion for help or advice.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Have you taken any different types of photos recently, using any kind of filters, including Live Photos?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

dr4
Helpful | Level 6
i have taken just 9 live photos in july (where i disabled the "live" feature) but they where uploaded without problem as JPGs.

dr4
Helpful | Level 6

short update: the problem appears actually on WLAN too: it stuck with one new picture in an endless very long "Sicherung läuft..." and the progress bar is going left to right.  my WLAN is working good, all other apps have no problem, even dropbox is working well besides the upload problem.

update of the update: the picture is now uploaded, but it has taken much longer than usual.

dr4
Helpful | Level 6
update: even after the yesterday update, the problem is still there. all pictures are uploaded in WLAN, when i go mobile without WLAN, the system says that 4 pictures are uploading... forever.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info, I'd recommend contacting the support team directly for them to investigate this in more detail.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    dr4 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?