cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my photos disappeared

All my photos disappeared

Ram5
Explorer | Level 3

Hey guys, I need some help.

I've been using Dropbox from 2013 but since 2017 I haven't used it that much. In that period, from 2013 to 2017, I backuped every picture I had in my iphone (auto-upload).

As I said, I haven't been using Dropbox lately but I wanted to check some pictues and they are all gone, all the auto-uploaded photos are missing.

I even check my email and and I got some mails from Dropbox in 2015 telling my to check photos from 2013 and 2014, when I try to open the linkit says "This link doesn't work anymore".

I read some posts here about the same problem and the solutions seems to be cheking www.dropbox.com/events but there's nothing about the photos and nothing about deleting them.

Can you please help me to recover all my pictures?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: All my photos disappeared

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @Ram5, and welcome to our Community!

Could you be having two different Dropbox accounts?

You can check by following these steps:

• On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the avatar or initials on the top, right part. Click on Preferences, then click on Account.
  • On your mobile app, check under "Settings" in the Dropbox app.
  • On the Dropbox website, click on your name in the top right corner.

Do you find the same email address on all of them?

Keep me posted on what you find. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Rich
Super User II

@Ram5 wrote:

I've been using Dropbox from 2013 but since 2017 I haven't used it that much.

How long has it been since you last signed in to your account? If it's been more than a year, the account was likely deleted due to inactivity and you're now signed in to a new, empty account. It's not possible to recover the files from a deleted account.

Ram5
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply. 

Well, I didn't signed into my account for a long period of time but I can still access to old folders, even from 2015. It's just the "camera uploads" that are missing. When I check the events on my account, the oldest event is from 9/11/2020, so that's weird.

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @Ram5, and welcome to our Community!

Could you be having two different Dropbox accounts?

You can check by following these steps:

• On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the avatar or initials on the top, right part. Click on Preferences, then click on Account.
  • On your mobile app, check under "Settings" in the Dropbox app.
  • On the Dropbox website, click on your name in the top right corner.

Do you find the same email address on all of them?

Keep me posted on what you find. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Ram5
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Lori,

Thanks for your concern. I checked and it's the same email address. Looks like Dropbox is working just fine. I found all the pictures in a external hard drive. I really can't tell what happened, maybe I moved the files from Dropbox to my hard drive in 2017. Problem solved I guess, thanks for the help, I apprecciate it. Sorry for wasting your time!

Megan
Dropboxer
No worries @Ram5

Happy to see that you managed to locate your content! That must have been a relief.

Give me another shout if something comes up.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

my photos disappeared

Isabel30
Explorer | Level 3

My photos no longer appear in my dropbox, it looks like I deleted them but I didn't do it. Also they do not appear in deleted files.

Re: my photos disappeared

Mark
Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Isabel30
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks Mark, it appears like if I deleted them but I didnt, how can I recover them?

Mark
Super User II

@Isabel30 - how long ago did you delete?

If you are a free user you can only recover within 30 days of deletion. If you are paid at the time of deletion you get 180 days. 

You can recover via https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete/recover-deleted-files-folders

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropboxer
    ramyaabg New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Isabel30 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?