cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select multiple photos that are on different rows under Large grid and Grid views.

Unable to select multiple photos that are on different rows under Large grid and Grid views.

Tyto
Helpful | Level 6
When I'm logged into my own Dropbox account through the website, I am not able to select multiple photos that are on separate rows under "Large Grid" and "Grid" views.

The "List" and "Large List" views function correctly, but are not useful since we need to be able to see the images.

Others on my team have experienced the exact same issue. The images we are trying to select are in folders saved to our own account.

This issue is making it impossible to efficiently delete/download batches of photos from a folder, any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue. It is still affecting some users at this time. Our Engineering team is aware and working on a fix. In the meantime, you can select a different view as a workaround. We will provide an update when we have more information.

Thanks,

Ben

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Isabel C.7
Helpful | Level 5

I have the same problem. Did you find the fix? Thank you.

fossor
Helpful | Level 6

I'm seeing the same thing. I've tried on Chrome and Firefox. I can select several images from one row, but once I try to select anything else, the entire selection is undone.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone, hope you’re all doing great! 

Can any of you send me a screenshot of what you’re seeing exactly on your end? 

I tested this myself and everything seems to be working normally, so I’d like to make sure I haven’t misunderstood something. 

Let me know when you’re ready.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TN4
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Nancy,

When you select the first photo of the batch you are looking to do and hold the "shift" button on keyboard like usual, the entire page glitches out when trying to make the end photo one in a different row. I am able to select photos in the same row just fine, but not across multiple.

Similar issue, when trying to click on a single photo, 7/10 times the page does a similar glitch and scrolls up a few rows, selecting a random photo in the process. 

Can you please provide an email address to share a screenshot? Would prefer to not share my gallery publicly. 

TN4
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Nancy,

When you select the first photo of the batch you are looking to do and hold the "shift" button on keyboard like usual, the entire page glitches out when trying to make the end photo one in a different row. I am able to select photos in the same row just fine, but not across multiple.

Similar issue, when trying to click on a single photo, 7/10 times the page does a similar glitch and scrolls up a few rows, selecting a random photo in the process. 

Can you please provide an email address to share a screenshot? Would prefer to not share my gallery publicly. 

GloriMM
New member | Level 2

Have the same issue here.   Multi photo selection constantly glitches.  Can only select items in one or 2 rows and move or delete them.  Anything more, or trying to select multiple images in a folder that are not sequential, results in the same glitch.  When glitching, the screen either jumps up a few rows, or all selected items are cleared.    

TN4
Helpful | Level 5

Nancy,

I have taken a screen recording demonstrating the error, please let me know an email address I can share it with.

fossor
Helpful | Level 6

I have a screen recording that shows the process - selecting multiple files in grid view on one row, then attempting to select items from additional rows. I can email this if it's helpful.

fossor
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This behavior appears to have been resolved. Can anyone else confirm?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    roscospears New member | Level 2
    Tyto Helpful | Level 6
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Isabel C.7 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?