cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't copy/paste a photo to a shared folder

Can't copy/paste a photo to a shared folder

robn1
Explorer | Level 3

why can't i copy a photo to a shared folder i own? I get a pop up that says "copying photo" with the choice of "cancel" or "copy" - NO "paste". Folder remains empty. (I tried "copy" - no go)

At first I wanted to move several of them and the move option disappeared, so I tried one at a time, no move, only copy and even that wouldn't work.

Since I want to cull the collection, I tried to download them to work on my Mac and that didn't work either. I got some kind of un-editable pdf instead of a collection of photos.

I'm NOT impressed so far. But I am new, so I may be committing some original sin. I've tried dozens of techniques and the only things I have succeeded in doing is viewing the photos and creating a sharing folder that is still empty.

30 Replies 30

robn1
Explorer | Level 3

I started fresh, but STILL can't work with the photos. I keep getting the message "can't copy" or "can't download" the file.  Including a file that I WAS earlier able to copy - so it does not appear to be a corrupted file.  Plus the message is only there for a second so if I miss it I sometimes think it is still trying. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @robn1, you can always bookmark the events page on your browser, so you can easily access it.

Can you please send us a screenshot of these errors that you're getting, so we can also have a visual of the issue?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

robn1
Explorer | Level 3

robn1_0-1672129508998.png

robn1
Explorer | Level 3

robn1_0-1672130680663.png

Now I have this! I went to "learn more", decided I did not want it. But "Not Now" won't work. It looks like I have NO CHOICE and MUST "turn on accessibility." Maybe that will fix my problems but I don't see why it would. Why does it imply that I have a choice if I don't?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @robn1, sorry to jump in here, but I just wanted to clarify that based on your first screenshot it looks like you're using the website to copy your files and/or folders while your second screenshot shows a notification about the Dropbox Badge and how to enable it on your computer which shouldn't be affecting your ability to copy files to a different location in your Dropbox account. 

As for the accessibility option, you can find out more in this Help Center article

Out of curiosity, have you tried doing this via another browser lately or after clearing your browser's cache? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

robn1
Explorer | Level 3

I tried Safari earlier and had the same experience. I could try again. I have not cleared the cache - not even sure how to do so.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

You can follow the steps here to clear your browser's cache.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

robn1
Explorer | Level 3

sorry, didn't help. Cleared cache, history, search, ? Still getting same message that the files can't be copied - and those particular files had been copied before during my experiments.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update, @robn1.

Can we please send you an email, so we can look further into this?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

robn1
Explorer | Level 3

[email address removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines]

Need more support?