cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Android app can't connect

Dropbox Android app can't connect

SI7211
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My Dropbox Android app updated overnight, and I now get a message "Can't connect to Dropbox. Make sure you're online or try again later" when I click on Files in the dropdown menu on the left. However, the Home menu item works. My internet connection is also working fine.
Can someone please help advise what I should do to be able to access my Files and Folders through the app? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all; thanks for your updates!

I'm not sure if this is related, but I had another couple of similar reports where the users mentioned that installing the beta version of the mobile app on their Android devices resolved this for them. 

Could you give it a go and let me know how it goes?

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @SI7211; welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

Can you please let me know if you've restarted your mobile device and/or router after getting this error message? Does it persist if you do?

In case rebooting your mobile didn't help improve matters, please let me know the exact OS your device is on and the version of our mobile app. 

A screenshot of the error would also help so feel free to attach one in your next response.

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

bmartin79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue here with the app update.

I have restarted my phone twice. Once initially, and again after I signed out of the app and signed back in. Before I signed out and back into the app, the app was still syncing files. It just would not connect to the cloud file system to view and work with. Now after logging back in, nothing is working.

Android on Samsun G20+

20200608_152101.jpg20200608_152040.jpg

SI7211
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi Walter,

Yes, I have restarted my phone and router and also tried using my phone at a different wifi location, but the problem still persists.

I have a Samsung Edge 7 running on Android version 8.0 and Samsung Experience version 9.0.

Can you please let me know how to attach a screenshot of the error message on this forum?

Thanks,

bmartin79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@SI7211 there is a "photos" button in the editor controls when replying, at least in the desktop web version. I had to email my screen captures from my phone to my computer to attach them for @Walter 

SI7211
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks. Am afraid I don't have access to the desktop version at the moment (my laptop is at the service centre). Can I email the screenshot to you (please provide an email address if that's possible)?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all; thanks for your updates!

I'm not sure if this is related, but I had another couple of similar reports where the users mentioned that installing the beta version of the mobile app on their Android devices resolved this for them. 

Could you give it a go and let me know how it goes?

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

SI7211
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi Walter, my Dropbox app works properly after I installed the beta version. Thanks

bmartin79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I just installed the beta. So far it appears to be working. I had to re-enable auto uploading of photos. 

I'll let you know if any issues are found.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

bmartin79 Explorer | Level 4
    SI7211 Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?