I have the following scenario:
- On my dropbox account (username = my google mail) there was a folder with a google sheet in there: <filename>.gsheet
- I migrated all my dropbox files to google drive.
- Then I deleted my dropbox account.
For step 1, I assumed that as it was a google sheet, it was no issue to migrate this to google drive. But now I noticed that this file only contains a hyperlink something like:
As this was a link to dropbox and not google sheet I tried following steps:
- Sign-up to dropbox again with same google account.
- Opened the URL stored in the file.
- I then got the following message (so seems like the file exists, but I don't have access anymore)
- I was also able to request access:
I hoped that as I was the original owner (same email account) I would receive the request. But I didn't receive any request for approval.
Is there anyway I can still restore this Google Sheet???