cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Phone Stops Uploading Photos

Android Phone Stops Uploading Photos

iwork2ski
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am running Android Version 11 on a Galaxy S10 using Dropbox to upload camera photos.  The uploads used to work fine, but now it just seems to stop and I find days of photos that have not been uploaded. I read the "Fix syncing problems in Dropbox" article but that did not help. I can force store and restart dropbox on the phone and boom it starts uploading again. I think a phone restart must work too, but I have not tested that. I did find one article that talked about Android 7 having a problem with camera upload and the Dropbox app being required to stay in the foreground.  A fix was on the way for this back in 2017.  Anyone have an idea what might be causing this?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

iwork2ski
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I figured it out. Seems like the battery optimizer shuts down background apps to save power.  Once I set the "optimize battery usage" feature off for Dropbox app, it uploads the photos. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

iwork2ski
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I figured it out. Seems like the battery optimizer shuts down background apps to save power.  Once I set the "optimize battery usage" feature off for Dropbox app, it uploads the photos. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

iwork2ski New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?