cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large PDF crashes iPad app

large PDF crashes iPad app

dcrand
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am a musician and keep my fake books - large  PDF files - on Dropbox.  There are several of them and they're about 25-30 MB apiece. All open OK on my MacBook, iMac and Android devices, and all but one of them open OK on my (iOS 10) iPad.

The one that won't open on the iPad locks up the app to the point that I have to force quit it. This happens immediately when I click on it - no progress bar or anything.

I re-saved an "optimized" version which reduced the size about 25%. and I took out all the color pages and saved a monochrome version - the changed versions show a loading progress bar but after that they revert to the original behavior - lockup as soon as I click on the file.  Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dcrand
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ha! I just saved a version with all the bookmarks removed and it opens. A subsequent save with one bookmark added back in also opens. SO my theory is that some random bookmark had introduced corruption that for some reason only affected the iOS app.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @dcrand, thanks for checking in with us!

Out of curiosity, have you tried connecting your iPad to another WiFi network? 

Could you also let me know what happens if you export and then try to preview the file?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dcrand
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ha! I just saved a version with all the bookmarks removed and it opens. A subsequent save with one bookmark added back in also opens. SO my theory is that some random bookmark had introduced corruption that for some reason only affected the iOS app.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dcrand New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?