cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download photos from Dropbox to iPhone Photos app?

How to download photos from Dropbox to iPhone Photos app?

Robert F.41
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Is there a way to download photos I have stored in a Dropbox folder to my iPhone Photo Stream using the Dropbox iOS app? There should be a way to do this but I can't figure it out. I know there's a "Make Available Offline" feature but that doesn't appear to be it. (I can't figure out what that's for either but that's another question).  I just want to be able to download photos to my iPhone Photos.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rbn925
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Using my IPhone, slect the image and just select the upper right three little circles which brings up a list of options. Then you select Export, then Save Image. This will save the image to your Photos. Not sure if there is a batch mode.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You need to download the files individually to the Camera Roll and then to the Photo Stream - there isnt an automated way I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Robert F.41
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Right, but can you download them using the iOS Dropbox app?  If so, how?  This seems like a pretty reasonable thing to want to do.  Sometimes people want to edit photos or their phone or do other things with them that can't be done if they're silo'd in Dropbox.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Yes you can.

Find the photo via Dropbox
Click on it till its opened
Click on the three ...'s in the top right corner
Click on Export
Click on 'Save Image'

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ZaphyR
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I don't have this option on my iPhone.

My menu says:

Save as Scan

Make Available Offline

Rename

Copy

Move

Delete

Cancel

If I open the photo, I only get a "speech bubble" and a "circle with an i" in the lower left corner, and no three dots anywhere.

bas316
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

ZaphyR,

I don't know if you have resolved the issue. If not, make sure that the file you are trying to download on to your iPhone is indeed a photo formate, not pdf or others. Only a photo formate, e.g png/jpg, has the "save image" function when you click on the top right corner -> Export. Hope this helps

rbn925
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Using my IPhone, slect the image and just select the upper right three little circles which brings up a list of options. Then you select Export, then Save Image. This will save the image to your Photos. Not sure if there is a batch mode.

Roseartist1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
My Dropbox photos have disappeared

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Roseartist1 - welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that - have you taken a look in your events page

Let me know what you find please!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey again, @Roseartist1

Just checking in with you to see how this is going. Have you checked your events page like @Walter suggested? If you’re still missing your photos, please let us know so we can put you in touch with a support agent for further investigation. Restoring deleted files is a time-sensitive matter, so I suggest you let us know as soon as possible! 

Cheers

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Diane357 Explorer | Level 4
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    Roseartist1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?