cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting drop box to PDF EXPERT

Connecting drop box to PDF EXPERT

Bh94
Explorer | Level 3

While trying to connect a PDF Expert this message pops up. Failed to fetch directory content. Please make sure you have permission to open it and check your Internet. I have re-downloaded both PDF Expert and Dropbox to resolve the issue but so far have been unsuccessful.

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Bh94, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you experiencing this error message on the Dropbox mobile app, the site itself, or directly on the PDF app?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Andweb
New member | Level 2

directly on the pdf app - pdf expert and pdfelement create the same error message after dropbox has been linked to the apps (checked also online, they are properly linked). In German the error message, when clicking on dropbox icon in pdf app, is as follows: "Fehler. Der Inhalt des Ordners konnte nicht abgerufen werden. Bitte ueberpruefen Sie Ihre Internetverbindung und stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie die Berechtigung zum Oeffnen des Ordners haben." The ipad is connected to the net.

Any solution?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like the app itself isn't able to access the files on Dropbox. Have you tried contacting the developer of the app itself to see if they have any solutions?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BillieBrown
New member | Level 2

I had the exact same issue and error message.  Could not resolve the problem, but found a quick workaround.  I logged in to Dropbox through Safari, downloaded the file folders that I needed to my iPad, and then opened the "files" Connection in PDF Expert to click on the zip folder and extract it into PDF Expert.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BillieBrown New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Andweb New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?