cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Mac Finder Extension in Monterey 12.4 - incompatible with Google Drive, OneDrive, and others

Dropbox Mac Finder Extension in Monterey 12.4 - incompatible with Google Drive, OneDrive, and others

HAK3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm using both Dropbox and Google Drive for different folders on my Mac.  If the finder extension for Google Drive is active, then then Dropbox finder extension fails and the cloud status icons on the Dropbox folders disappear.  Likewise if the finder extension for New File Menu (a nice 3rd party Mac utility) is active then again the Dropbox finder extension fails to display cloud status.  Ditto for Microsoft OneDrive.

I've tried to report this to Dropbox, but the response I get back is that I have to uninstall Goggle Drive and other finder extensions, which is not an option.  Since Google Drive and OneDrive and New File Menu can all get along just fine, there is no inherent reason that Dropbox cannot as well if its extension were written properly.   Has anyone found a way to either get Dropbox to pay attention to bug reports or to get around this particular one?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edouardd
Helpful | Level 7

@Hannah :

I solved the problem.

I performed a thorough uninstallation, deleting files and folders one by one, being very meticulous. Despite having uninstalled it and installed the current version, I discovered some remnants of the beta version.

Then I was asked to install Dropbox for macOS on File Provider.

After doing so, everything worked perfectly.

So, the issue was caused by a faulty uninstallation of the beta version.

Please, use this info to help others.

Edouard

View solution in original post

37 Replies 37

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Sadly I dont think so 😞 

I have a bug report with them for an issue with shared folders that they've acknowledged nearly a year ago and said 'they have no plans to fix'. Dropbox support is, sadly, very hit/miss and at best poor 😞 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Edouardd
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I have the very same problems. No what to get Dropbox Extensions on Monterey and Ventura.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Edouardd, would you mind giving us some more info on your issue?

Are you getting some kind of error message?

Is the Dropbox app crashing completely when the finder extension for Google Drive is active on your computer?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

HAK3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
The problem we are talking about does not make the app crash, it makes the finder cloud status icons stop working.

Edouardd
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Exactly

Edouardd
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

DearHannah:

I do not have a ny error message.
Then I upgraded from MACOS 12.4 to Ventura 13.0.1, and nothing changed.
I did uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox several times, and also installed in the top of the previous version.

Notice that:
 THIS IS WHAT I HAVE IN FINDER. No Extensions at all neither the GREEN CHECKMARK:

Edouardd_0-1670353108186.png

In Vetura 13.0.1, the Extensions have two places I can check:

Edouardd_1-1670353187013.png

Notice, that there is ADDED EXTENSIONS and FINDER EXTENSIONS.

If I open FINDER EXTENSIONS, I get this screen:

Edouardd_2-1670353262287.png

I can see Google and Onedrive extension, but NO dropbox extension.

But if I open ADDED EXTENSIONS:

Edouardd_3-1670353323603.png

Here I see DROPBOX extensions ENABLED, as well Google and OneDrive.

So, the interesting part is that, the extension is installed and enabled, but NOT RECOGNIZED as an Finder Extension.

Please, help on this.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @HAK3, you mentioned that you've reported this to our Support team. Can I ask if you have a ticket number reference, that I can have a look at? 

Also, @Edouardd, feel free to let me know the app's version, and syncing status. Thank you both!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Edouardd
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

App Version 163.3.5436

Sync Up To Date

Edouardd_0-1670364382635.png

Edouardd
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Hi @Megan , any news?

Need more support?
Who's talking