cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox capture videos don't play

Dropbox capture videos don't play

maxjax800
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Just downloaded Dropbox capture Beta for window 10.  I am able to record the video successfully but when I go back to play the video I keep getting this error: The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

Any ideas?  Ty

14 Replies 14

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there,

Following up on this. Thank you so much for your patience. 

We were able to fix the issue on Dropbox Capture, preventing you from saving screen recordings. It would be fantastic if you could give it a try and let us know if it works for you. Here is how to get started:

• The latest version of Capture is v72. You can know which version you have installed by opening the app then heading into the Preferences inside the menu on the top right
  • In case you don't have the last version, you can install it from https://www.dropbox.com/capture/download

Thank you so much!

AskFeeds
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I recently learned about Dropbox capture. I have been using it for about two weeks now. Everything has been working well and I have been enjoying the software. However, I noticed that my screenshots are not added to my clipboard so therefore I am not able to paste them after I take them. They do get saved to the list that appears on my windows tray. If I hit copy in the tray, I am still unable to paste them into things like slack/teams. I am using a Windows 11 PC. I have already restarted my PC. I have done updates. I tried using iPhone as an alternative webcam. I have tried to update the app by downloading another .exe. I have also cleared my clipboard within windows settings. Nothing works so far.

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

So sorry about that. Would you mind reaching out to us on support-capture-feedback@dropbox.com so we could assist you? Thank you!

Bard76
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here. Running V88.0.5

I have tried reinstalling and resetting the app.

My videos don't save properly. It just sits there saying it's uploading forever. Even on a 30sec recording. They do show in my collections. But they are blank.

Please see attached screenshots.

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 11-53-09 Home - Dropbox Capture.pngScreenshot 2022-11-19 at 11-46-51 Recording 2022-11-19 at 11.32.47 AM - Dropbox Capture.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Bard76, sorry to hear about this.

Did you reboot your computer since you first noticed this?

Could you try clearing your browser's cache or another browser and let me know if this persists? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Bard76 New member | Level 2
    YoucefDropbox Dropbox Staff
    AskFeeds Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?