cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brother printer/scanner cannot upload scanned document

brother printer/scanner cannot upload scanned document

borea_usinece
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

it was working yesterday, now I have 2 Brother printers/scanner, different model that I try to scan and upload the scan on dropbox and it fail. Does dropbox have server down or any upgrades happen in last 24-48h???

And no, my space it not full (48%) and I can login into my account from computer.

JC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RADMOTO
New member | Level 2

I resolved this issue with my Brother MFC-L3710CW unit by logging into the machine and changing the TLS setting to 1.1/1.2. (192.168.... in web browser). It works with Dropbox Brother app now. It's always work for the MS OneDrive Brother app. You will need your units password to login to the administrator side of the Brother unit. Find it on the rear of the unit by the power cord input.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@borea_usinece wrote:

it was working yesterday, now I have 2 Brother printers/scanner, different model that I try to scan and upload the scan on dropbox and it fail.

Is this using a funciton that's built-in to the scanner? If so, you'll need to reach out to Brother for assistance. Brother would have created their own connection to Dropbox using the Dropbox API, and only Brother would be able to support that.

williamlee1122
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Try These Steps. May This Help You.

• Make sure you're looking in the right places.
  • Wait a few minutes and check back.
  • Check your internet connection.
  • Reopen the Dropbox app or refresh dropbox.com.
  • Close other applications that are open on your device.
  • Make sure your Dropbox app is up to date.

hemzet
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi JC,
Just ran into the same issue. Did you solve it? How?
Thanks

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @hemzet, sorry to hear about this.

Could you share some additional information about the issue you're facing so that we can assist further?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

hemzet
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Walter,
Situation is actually the same as @borea_usinece described a year ago.

Suddenly, scan to web into Dropbox didn't work anymore. Connection Error 03 on the display as soon as the scan usually is uploaded to Dropbox. Multiple MFC printers in different networks have the same issue. No network or printer setting was changed.
On one device I created a new Dropbox connection resulted in the same error at the end.

matkun
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm having the exact same issue. Discovered it first last night, an hour or so before @hemzet wrote his last message here. Connection Error 03 saving to Dropbox, no settings changed. Using a Brother DCP-9020CDW. Internet says it's because of proxy settings, but all other features works just fine, including printing via wifi.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi everyone, has there been any recent automatic updates to the service? Have you tried contacting Brother directly for support with their service?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

hemzet
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Jay 
Haven't had the chance to speak to Brother support yet. Found this threat and thought maybe someone already has the answer... Will contact Brother after te weekend.

FVE
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same issue - Dropbox scan and printing stopped working sometime these last couple of days.

Error E03. Strangely enough I seem to be able to browse my Dropbox folders to find a file to print, but when selecting printing the error E03 occurs...:-(

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RADMOTO New member | Level 2
    foigus New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    FVE Helpful | Level 5
    hemzet Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?