yes

6 Comments
2 Likes
Highlighted
Level 4

Camera uploads has a stuck photo

For weeks now, Camera uploads has a message at the top:

Camera uploads (1 left)

Couldn't upload photo. Tap for more info.

Tapping just gives me the generic help page, which is oriented toward complete failures to upload.  That's NOT my problem, because all my other photos have been and continue to upload just fine.

How can I figure out what the problem file is so I can delete it or rename it or tell Dropbox not to bother with that folder, or whatever the fix turns out to be?  Telling me there's a problem isn't much help without a hint of what the problem is.

Android 9 (Pixel 2 XL) and fully updated as of 10 minutes ago.

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer

Re: Camera uploads has a stuck photo

Sorry to hear that, @StephenRD

Since you’ve tried out some initial troubleshooting from your end (awesome work!), I’d recommend moving this discussion to email as well, since account-specific info may be required. I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address connected to your Forum profile.

At your convenience, please have a look at your inbox for my latest message. Cheers! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

6 Replies
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that, @SGKarp

Have you tried uploading using data or Wi-Fi only? Have you had this error with any other photo or video by any chance? Could you also send me a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing (omitting any personal info)? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 4

Hi, Lusil.

Yes, I have tried uploading by wifi and cellular, with no change.  Every other image uploads just fine.

Screenshot:

DropboxError.jpg

As I said, tapping just takes me to the help page, but does not give any information about the specific file or why the upload is failing.

Dropboxer

thinking face Hmm, in order to further investigate the matter, we’d have to move this discussion to email due to account-specific info that’s required on this. For this reason, I’ve sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. Thanks in advance once again, @SGKarp!

Lusil

Level 2

Did you get anywhere in resolving this with Dropbox? I have the same issue, same symptoms, same attempted solutions, same outcome.

(Though on a Samsung S7 Edge.)

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that, @StephenRD

Since you’ve tried out some initial troubleshooting from your end (awesome work!), I’d recommend moving this discussion to email as well, since account-specific info may be required. I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address connected to your Forum profile.

At your convenience, please have a look at your inbox for my latest message. Cheers! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil

Level 4

Apparent success.  The suggestion to delete the app's cache (via Dropbox settings, not the device settings), then log out of Dropbox and restart the phone, seems to have done the trick.  At least, the message is gone.  I'll keep an eye on it for a while to see if it comes back after I use the phone the way I normally do.

Mobile

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Mobile.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post