cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free trial canceled , but no confirmation and money deducted.

Free trial canceled , but no confirmation and money deducted.

Lyopon
New member | Level 2

I upgraded to the free trial (30 days), canceled it just a few hours later. Correct via manage plan and "Cancel trial". This is three days ago. I still haven't received a cancellation confirmation email (yep, checked all filters). It clearly shows on my account that I now have DropBox Basic. But there is a €199.00 transaction going to Dropbox at my bank.
How do I ensure that no money is deducted for the free trial? Why am I not receiving a confirmation email?

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on the Community, @Lyopon!

Is it possible that you have a second Dropbox account for which you were billed? 

If you check your bank statement, do you see a 12-digit transaction ID linked to these charges? If yes, please insert this here to check if you have another Dropbox account.

Let me know how this goes.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Martanilsson04
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I have the same problem. The e-mail support says the purchase was made via AppStore, but it definitely was not. And I did not receive any confimations what so ever. On my bank app, it says “authorization hold”, meaning the money hasn’t technically been deducted yet, why does it say that?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Martanilsson04, sorry to hear about this.

Since you've already contacted our support team about this, could you share your ticket ID so that we can look it up in our system? 

While we're at it, have you tried using our self served look up tool to identify the email address that's associated with the charge in question?

If the charge for your upgrade is still in a pending state, you might need to contact your bank. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Martanilsson04
Explorer | Level 3

My ticket id is 21868799. I have tried the self services, but I didn’t get a transaction id. Especially not since I didn’t receive any reciepts what so ever. But money was deducted and my account was upgraded. I immediately cancelled the plan, and just got an email saying I disbanded the team, and then my account was back to basic plan.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the ticket ID, Marta. 

I was able to locate it in our system and passed your comments on to the agent who's handling your case.

They'll be getting back to you soon, but please let us know if you have anything else to add in the meantime. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Martanilsson04 Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?