cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account on old e-mailaddress which can't be reached and no where to reach Dropbox by phone

How do I cancel my subscription?

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cnnot afford this. I am a retired teacher on a limited, fixed income.

166 Replies 166

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi, 

As you upgraded via your iPhone you need to cancel via iTunes - the same as all in app upgrades made via the iOS Store. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

mfbotta
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I signed up today, but do not and will not use. I do not understand it.  Please credit if charged.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @mfbotta, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

If you're on a free trial, you can cancel it by following these steps. If you're on a paid subscirption, you can follow these ones, instead. 

If you're still having trouble with this, you can contact our team via an incognito window here (without signing in). 

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rutger79
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Who can help me to cancel an account on an old e-mailaddress which can't be reached anymore?! But billing is still going on. Trying to call always brings me backk to the site. What client support is that?!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Rutger79, I moved your post here where other users have expressed a similar concern. 

In general, your technical support options depend on what kind of account you have and you can find yours by logging in to your account and going to dropbox.com/support

However, if you have any trouble along the way or you have any question on the matter, I'd recommend contacting our team via an incognito window here (without signing in) due to account-specific info that'll be needed. 

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rutger79
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am sorry but this is ridiculous, I am getting sent to the same so called help centre by a bot? I am paying for something over two years now, while not using it, and i can not get into the account cause it is an old work related account. It is gone. I am still paying and want it to be cancellled asap. How can I be running in circles here for over an hour here without being able to talk to someone who can help me?! 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about your frustration, @Rutger79

To contact our team regarding your billing concerns, you need to go to this link via a private browser without signing in to a Dropbox account. 

When you submit a ticket, you can let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) associated with it so that I can pass your comments along. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Kyloya
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Why can’t I find the cancel subscription button??

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Are you subscribed via an app store (Apple or GooglePlay)? If so you need to downgrade via there

www.dropbox.com/downgrade if not 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

tkhemraj
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have had the same problem. I was charged $119 for the yearly subscription even though I did not authorize. I have been trying to cancel but no one is responding. The description Dropbox gives for unsubscribing is also inaccurate. I can only conclude the company is doing this deliberately to bleed our money. I did not subscribe via a mobile device. 

Need more support?