cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?

I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?

Badgerman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox has taken money from my credit card account without authorisation, how do I get it back?

76 Replies 76

Ulrike Steven
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also have had unauthorised annual debit card payments to Dropbox but I'm not using a payed account. I don't know how to cancel the Dropbox account and would like a refund for the past years. Can you please help.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Ulrike Steven, I hope you're doing well! 

I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this. I'll see you there.

Cheers!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vanessafoster
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i never signed up for this!! how did they get my payment info?? why cant i get a phone number to call?? this is the 2nd month in a row that I've had to start a resolution on PP because this company fraudently is charging me!! I dont have an account, I cant sign in!! What deception!! Anybody else have this issue?? who the heck runs this company??? I'm infuriated!!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

So who gave Dropbox your card / PayPal or App Store details? If it wasnt you the issue isnt with Dropbox its your card company - somebody has cloned it. 

You need to be contacting them not Dropbox. 

https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

vanessafoster
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Nope, its not a cloning. This is the only issue I'm having with my card. Last month and now exactly one month later. My BIGGEST issue is I CANNOT contact this company!! Why is that so hard? No email replies, no phone number to call. It shouldnt be this hard!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@vanessafoster wrote:

My BIGGEST issue is I CANNOT contact this company!!

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank/PayPal.

ceoworldmarketventures
New member | Level 2

To whom it may concern,
I have been getting ILLEGALLY billed by dropbox and you are not allowing me to login to cancel or stop the billing. I have sent a ticket and did not get a response. You are ILLEGALLY billing me for an account I do NOT use and I can NOT login to. This account is under an email that does NOT exist yet you keep ILLEGALLY billing me.

The email associated with this account is [removed]

You have been billing me every month and I demand a refund for this asap and I demand you stop FRAUDULENTLY and ILLEGALLY billing my credit card.

Can someone email or contact me at my main verified email which is [removed]? I can NOT login to the account that keeps getting billed (account under [removed])and I can NOT stop the billing. It has been going on for many many months and I can NOT login to it to STOP it and there is NO way for me to call you to cancel it.

Please use my main email [removed] because the email associated with the account ([removed]) you keep billing me is NOT a REAL email it was a mistake and now the account is locked because that email does NOT exist. If you look it was a mistake cause it says gmai.com instead of gmail.com. I demand you give me a full refund for all the months I have been illegally billed for a  bad/fake account.

Also STOP BILLING me and CLOSE that account at once.

I have also sent tickets and emailed dropbox and still no response. 

Sincerely

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @ceoworldmarketventures, sorry to see you're having this issue.

You mentioned that you sent an email to our team; do you perhaps have the ticket number of this communication?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cathry
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am being charged monthly for Dropbox and I never authorized it.  This is ID theft, how do I get in touch with Dropbox to stop and reverse these charges.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@cathry wrote:

I am being charged monthly for Dropbox and I never authorized it.  This is ID theft, how do I get in touch with Dropbox to stop and reverse these charges.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Semsrms New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    kllebeau New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?