cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Personal plus downgraded by Dropbox

Personal plus downgraded by Dropbox

PeterNor
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My Personal account was a PLUS plan paid in App Store witch was connected to my Team account.

How to get things back to personal Plus again when Dropbox stopped support free teams.

Who to contact, Dropbox or Apple, none of them seems to be interested in live support (no chatbot please, they're so stupid)?

/Peter

29 Replies 29

PeterNor
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thanks for really trying to help.

Ive been contacted by mail now.
Ticket 16354012.
So maybe I should try that way and let you help someone else.
Tanks again.
Peter

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @PeterNor, thanks for the ticket ID. 

I've found your ticket in our system and passed your comments there to keep all the relevant information under one place.

For further assistance, you can reply to the agent handling your case as they'll be able to help with account specific information.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

PeterNor
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thanks Walter.
Iv‘e found this in another tread. Something you suggested another customer.
It worked for me too.

In your Dropbox app, tap Account (or Personal if you have paired accounts).
2. Tap on the gear icon at the top of your screen to access your settings.
3. Tap on "Restore purchases".

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear that you managed to sort this out in the end, Peter - thanks for keeping me in the loop too!

See you around the Community and take care!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Ines N.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello everyone, I have the same issue (I think) - the difference is that I have a free Dropbox account. I have used both personal and work Dropbox. Suddenly, my personal Dropbox does not exist anymore! I  have received an e-mail saying that these two (personal and work) are not linked anymore, which is OK, but I can not find my files previously located in Personal Dropbox anywhere...

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Ines N., if you have two linked accounts, it means you had two separate Dropbox accounts under different email addresses. Do you know what the other email address is, and have you tried signing into it?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Toshiespeaks
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Walter,

you seem to be very helpful.  I have the same issue. For years I had a free personal and a separate paid Professional account I used for my business, which was recently converted to a Plus account.  I never used the Teams Folder, so when I received an email about disbanding teams, never in my wildest nightmares did I think that they would unlink my two accounts and that only one account would be available at a time on my desktop or device.  This morning I woke up to this email sent to me at 12:37 am "The _____ ______ team has been disbanded by Dropbox. Your team’s folders have been converted to shared folders, and all ______ _______ groups have been deleted. Your account has been converted to a personal Dropbox plan."  I had only access to one account on my desktop and had to log into the web to access the other.  I do not mind paying more, but why would I ever need 5TB, when I am only using a portion if the 2TB.  Additionally, how do we know that Dropbox is going to continue this functionality yet again?  Why don't they just charge us a link fee?   I would gladly pay it.  I had no idea that the "disbanding of Teams" would unlink my account, and that was never expressly stated.  I am on the verge of moving everything to OneDrive.  I really am frustrated that Dropbox removed a functionality that many have relied upon for years and is one of the reasons we have stayed with Dropbox.  Is there anyway to just pay for the link of accounts?

Laura

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Toshiespeaks, thanks for taking the time to post about this!

Your comments on this have been quite helpful, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard. 

At the moment, what you can do is use one Basic, and one paid Business plan in order to have them linked. 

I hope this clarifies, and if you have any questions let me know!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Toshiespeaks
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Megan,

Thank you for your response.  I understand that is what they are saying now, but we have no assurances that we are not going to wake up to the same disruption to our work flow when Dropbox decides they want us to pay more for the same thing or less.  Additionally, my Basic Account shared the 2 TB of my Plus Account.  I do not want to pay for the Plus and the Business just to link the accounts.  My Basic account had a small number of GB previously and is not sufficient.  It was unconscionable that the warning email made no mention of unlinking the accounts, only that Teams Folders would be removed.  Having never used the Teams Folder I was unconcerned.  I feel misled as to the actual impact of the changes that Dropbox announced.   I also learned today that customer support on the Basic Dropbox is nothing but a chat bot and the Plus version directs you to a forum, which is completely different to the live support received in the past. It is a shame (and also a nightmare to someone like me who has grown dependent on a certain level of service only to awake to something extremely subpar).  I am currently looking for a different option after using Dropbox since 09/07/2010. 

Ines N.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, thanks, I couldn't remember this actually... I have totally forgot that I have two e-mail addresses registered... Solved now, thanks!

Need more support?