cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unknown credit card charge on basic free account

Unknown credit card charge on basic free account

Danabccrrfoxvalley
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I received a charge on our credit card for $81 and all it says on the description is "DropBoxIncCodCordspro San Francisco CA". I have a free basic account. I would like to know where this is coming from and why we were charged when I have a basic account. 

32 Replies 32

D3vil
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Hannah can u contact me by email  i have same problem  its urgent

beat lakeside
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hannah

Email me asap or I will contact the Better Business Bureau. 

Elizabeth

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @D3vil, thanks for commenting on this thread.

Sure thing, I just reached out to you via email, so we can continue from there!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nathan Sharp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there,

I have a free account. I have been charged three times in a row on my business credit card for three seperate accounts that i know nothing about. I did not authorise the payments and did not give you my business credit card details. please email me ASAP or call me so i can get a refund.  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Nathan Sharp, thanks for the comment.

To get help about billing requests like this, open a browser that is not signed in to your Dropbox account or better an incognito/private browsing window and go to this page to fill out a billing help request form.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BruceRatcliffe
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

BruceRatcliffe_0-1656868546122.jpeg

I was charged $11.99 on my credit card for the dropbox free account.  What was the charge for?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Metalltant
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello! Can you explain what "DropBoxIncCodCordspro San Francisco CA" means? I received the same transaction description. The fact is that I did make several transactions, but I don't remember the amount that was accompanied by this cipher. I'm currently in the process of improving my credit through www.greedyrates.ca. And I need to know the exact information about all my expenses. I'm sure I didn't make this payment myself, so I want my money back as soon as possible.

Jackson
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Metalltant, thank you for posting. 

Can you see a transaction ID on that charge, after DROPBOX*? 

If you can, you should be able to look for it using our lookup tool.

I hope that helps!

Jackson
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kb-23
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How can I contact someone actually at Dropbox?  I'm getting charged 11.99/mth, yet I have a basic plan according to my settings.  So I can't cancel.  So frustrating.  I don't use, don't want it, and don't care about what's in there.  I just want to cancel and stop paying $11.99/mth!  Thanks

Need more support?