cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two-step verification text message couldn't be sent. <a href="/help/364">Help</a>

Cannot log into Dropbox account

Quangkhai
Helpful | Level 5

I tried to log into my account , but cannot log in, there is an error message as below : 

Can you please help me solve that problem ?

Two-step verification text message couldn't be sent. <a href="/help/364">Help</a>

Thank you in advance

Thanh

23 Replies 23

Mark
Super User II

As a temp measure can you use your backup codes?

Do you still have the number / phone?

https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/issues-two-step-verification

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Quangkhai
Helpful | Level 5

I do not have backup code.

I'm still using my phone, but the problem is they do not send message to my phone (a Vietnamese location)

Mark
Super User II

You were given backup codes when setting up the account - you have to tick to confirm you received them when setting up. You cannot proceed without them. Once you get back in download them immediately. If you ever lose your phone etc. and thus cannot receive texts there is no way, at all, to get around that without the codes. Your account becomes permanently lost. 

If you dont have them and its still not working you need to contact support. Do so via www.dropbox.com/support. Do so while not logged in (possibly via an incognito window). 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Quangkhai
Helpful | Level 5

I already asked the dropbox team support for this issue. Thanks

biwaien123
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

Hope you have a good day!

Whenever I try to log into my account, it shows as below even though I have never changed my phone number or anything.

Please kindly help and show me to resolve it.

Thank you!

Quangkhai
Helpful | Level 5

The same problem to me. I already sent email to dropbox team support. Let see how they solve this problem

biwaien123
Helpful | Level 5
So frustrating and It feels like it only happens in Vietnam. Hope they can support us and looking for good new soon. Thank you!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone, I’m sorry to hear you’re having this issue. 

@Quangkhai, have you received a ticket number from our support team? If yes, please send it over to me. 

@biwaien123, can you let me know from which platform are you trying to sign in to your Dropbox account, when receiving this error? Is it on www.dropbox.com or are you trying to link a new mobile/desktop device? 

Can you please switch browsers and let me know if you still see the same error?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Quangkhai
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Nancy,

Please see below for my ticket number.

Ticket #19556511: DB: Cannot log in dropbox on PC or Web

Thanks,

Need more support?