cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgraded to Basic Account from Business Team

Downgraded to Basic Account from Business Team

moniqueatforthrightadvising
New member | Level 2

I have a Dropbox Business account for work and created a password. My boss added me to the Dropbox Sign Team. Today, I made the mistake of signing in using Google with the same email address and now it looks like a basic account with no Team access. Even after logging out and back in, I cannot see my Team. Boss is away this week, any way I can regain my previous access? Our business account is upgraded as of last week.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @moniqueatforthrightadvising, thanks for posting here.

If you had an existing Dropbox account linked to your email address, then signing-in with Google shouldn’t replace your account with a new one.

You mention in your post though that your boss added you to a Dropbox Sign team (which is different to Dropbox). 

If you try to log in to Dropbox Sign with your credentials instead, can you access your previous account?

Let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @moniqueatforthrightadvising, thanks for posting here.

If you had an existing Dropbox account linked to your email address, then signing-in with Google shouldn’t replace your account with a new one.

You mention in your post though that your boss added you to a Dropbox Sign team (which is different to Dropbox). 

If you try to log in to Dropbox Sign with your credentials instead, can you access your previous account?

Let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

moniqueatforthrightadvising
New member | Level 2

Hi Nancy, thank you for solving this case! 🙂 I thought it was one account for Dropbox and Sign because every time I Googled Dropbox Sign login, I was redirected to Dropbox only. In any case, I can see all the team's files now. Thanks again!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

moniqueatforthrightadvising New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?