cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I joined a team, and now the admin can't recover and convert my account. Why?

I joined a team, and now the admin can't recover and convert my account. Why?

kristiwatson
Explorer | Level 3

I accidently combined my account with a business account. I asked the admin of that account to recover it but they are not given the option on the wagon wheel to restore my account. Any other ideas?Dropbox.jpg

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @kristiwatson, welcome to our Community! 

Just to clarify, and make sure we're on the same page: do you wish for the admin to covert your account back into an individual one, or recover you -since it seems you've been deleted- back to the Team? 

When did they remove you from the team, and did they transfer your content to a different member in this process? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

kristiwatson
Explorer | Level 3

It looks like he deleted me from the team this afternoon. He says he did not transfer to a different member. Although, he did mention that he had an old email of mine on there as well [email removed as per Community Guidelines] that he also deleted. It's possible he tried transferring to that account. That account is no longer active. The one that had the Plus subscription was [email removed as per Community Guidelines] That's the one that I need to recover, that he is unable to. 

kristiwatson
Explorer | Level 3

Also to clarify, I'd like my account converted back to my individual one and reinstate my Plus subscription and NOT be recovered back to the other account I accidentally joined.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @kristiwatson, if he transferred the content to a different account, he wouldn't be able to recover you back into the team. 

You mentioned that this might be the case, and that he might have tried transferring to your second account, that was part of the Business team, right? 

Can you ask him to check this Help Center article, and rule out any of the cases that he might not be seeing the option to restore your account? 

Also, keep in mind that he would need to add you back to the team, convert you to a Basic account, and then you'd need to re-purchase the Plus plan from scratch. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

kristiwatson
Explorer | Level 3
He already tried to restore me back but it’s not giving him the option from that wagon wheel from either of my accounts. I attached that screenshot on my original post. Is there not a way you all can recover my account? I really don’t want to lose everything I had on my account.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @kristiwatson, if the option to recover your account isn't there, then it's only for two reasons:

• The account was deleted over 7 days ago
  • The contents on the account were transferred to another team member.

There is no other reason for why it might not appear. You'll have to ask them to check again to see if the files were sent to another user, since you mentioned they deletes your within a week ago. 

After 7 days of the deletion, the account would be permanently deleted and you'll be able to recreate a new empty account under the same email. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    kristiwatson Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?