cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot log into Dropbox account

"Failed to send text message for two-step verification" error when trying to sign in

jonmchee
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.

Ticket #20977317: DB: cannot access my account

44 Replies 44

jonmchee
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I am new to this thread and I have the same issue. Has yours been resolved?

Agustin_NM
Explorer | Level 4
Yesterday I was configuring a new smartphone, when I went to enter the Dropbox credentials it gave me an authentication error. So I went to the web and it gave an error "Failed to send text message for two-step verification"

Agustin_NM
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I am new to this thread and I have the same issue. Dropbox can´t send sms for verification. I live in Spain.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jonmchee, thanks for the ticket ID. 

I was able to locate it in our system and passed your comments on to the agent handling your case.

You should be hearing from them soon, but please let us know if you have anything else to add in the meantime. 

As for you @Agustin_NM, would it be OK if we reached out via email to have a further look internally?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Agustin_NM
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Walter, you can contact me at my email, although the Dropbox user I'm having problems with is another. I had to access the community with this.

jonmchee
Helpful | Level 5
Hi @Walter, I tried to reach out on Messenger and here in the chat group. It has been 12hours and no agent has approached me yet. I need to know if there is a bug with the new login or if the account has been compromised. I work with extremely sensitive client files.

Agustin_NM
Explorer | Level 4

I suspect the problems have to do with two factor authentication. It has let me reset the password with a recovery email. But it still won't let me enter the account with the error that it can't send the verification SMS to my mobile, that's on the web. In the app it gives an invalid password error, that's why at first I reset the password, but then I saw that it was a 2FA system failure. To clarify that this happened to me because I was configuring a new smartphone, Dropbox still works fine on the old one. I don't think this has to do with a security breach.

jonmchee
Helpful | Level 5
Hi Agustin, I am experiencing the exact same error as you described. Difference is I didn’t make any changes on my phone or any other devices associated.

mike561
Helpful | Level 5

Hi

I"ve signed in through another dropbox account as I can access my main account.  Dropbox say they are unable to send authentication to my phone.  is this a current issue with Dropbox generally? So far its taken almost 24 hours to get a response similar to what I can find on line, none of which is any help.  Any suggestions?  Dropbox isn't blocked on my phone and so far its always worked fine.  I have important info to access but am really stuck.  I'm in New Zealand - are responses on European time?

Need more support?