cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My account keeps saying it's full - but it isn't

My account keeps saying it's full - but it isn't

frot
New member | Level 2

Hi - I have a 6.3 GB basic account with less that 1.2 GB of data in it, but I keep getting notifications saying the account is full, and it isn't syncing. I've double checked my folders and cleaned out all deleted items, but it makes no difference. I have been unable to contact any sort of support through the website, so am hoping someone might know how to fix this. Thanks.

334 Replies 334

harvester11
New member | Level 2
Solution.

1. Go to your account, look for the “Dropbox Backup”
2. Select the backup that is taking up all the space and “Delete” it
3. After deleting, uncheck for the “hide deleted backups”, look for the file that you have just deleted and “permanently delete” the backup.

This solution solved my issue. Hope it works!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @amberdeann, sorry to jump in, but if you're still having issues with this, may we reach out via email to investigate a bit further?

Also, thanks for sharing what worked for you here @harvester11 - hopefully it'll prove to be helpful for other users that were affected by this.  

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

amberdeann
Explorer | Level 3

hI Walter and Harvester11, 

In case you have not heard, I have closed my account and it feels SOOOO good. No more spending hours with a nonresponsive system and inappropriate customer service.  NOT having a real person to talk to who can screen share and see your account & work our problems and answer direct questions is quite a problem. I've wasted too much time trying to fix the impossible. 

My account is closed, I will not be following any more procedures from the experts in community. 

Bye, 

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

EmanueleSAMI
New member | Level 2

hello, since friday my DB is full (2.7 GB) even if the file size is 1.6 GB. Why? I have no folder shares. Can you help me as I can't update the files. Thank you.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @EmanueleSAMI, how are you today?

Could you let me know what your Backup page reports? Do you have any active backups there? 

Also, what about your plan page

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Lindsay Mollenhauer
New member | Level 2

I can't find a place to contact Dropbox with a problem.
My subscription is the Dropbox Plus,  I pay $18.49  Australian per month.
Current Storage Space is 2.5 GB
I get reminders that my Storage Limit has Exceeded Limit and to upgrade to the 3TB (2000 GB) space
Yes it has exceeded the 2GB Free Limit
I already PAY for the next Level of Storage.
I can't contact Dropbox to sort this problem out

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Lindsay Mollenhauer, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

Could you please let me know what is your account's plan tab reporting regarding your quota?

Thanks! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Theresa K
Explorer | Level 4

I received the message my account is full, and can no longer sync. I've deleted EVERY item in my Dropbox, I have removed myself as 'access' to any shared folders, yet I am still at Dropbox is full.  My account says I am using 6.1gb of 5.75gb storage.  So, basically, my Dropbox is useless!  Any help is appreciated..Thank you.

Mark
Super User II

Have you also deleted any Backups? www.dropbox.com/backups ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Marc Willmott
New member | Level 2

Hi all

My dropbox is saying i am using 1.62 of 2 storage when i am not.

I know this because my 2 colleagues who use the same shared folder are only using a fraction of the 2gb, why is mine different?

I am struggling to find any help anywhere and i do not wish to upgrade when i do not feel i need to, i hope this makes some sense...?

Need more support?