cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need usage breakdown in bytes for shared-to files

Need usage breakdown in bytes for shared-to files

sonnichs
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have a "full" dropbox condition that is probably due to files shared-to me from other users.

I need a breakdown of all the shared-to files and the amount they are using.  I looked at the dropbox doc and this forum and cannot find this. Clicking the "avatar" only gives overall totals which is not useful here.

How do I list files, their share-to or share-from status, and the amount used?

Thanks

Fritz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@sonnichs wrote:

There is no such feature. You can find a list of your shared folders on your Sharing page. To see their size, you'll need to use the option to Calculate Size for each shared folder.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@sonnichs wrote:

There is no such feature. You can find a list of your shared folders on your Sharing page. To see their size, you'll need to use the option to Calculate Size for each shared folder.

sonnichs
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Rich-

when I click on the "sharing page" is this showing files that I have shared-out to others, or files the others have "shared-in" to me?

Fritz

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@sonnichs wrote:

when I click on the "sharing page" is this showing files that I have shared-out to others, or files the others have "shared-in" to me?

Both. Clicking on one will take you to that folder in your Dropbox, where you can calculate its size.

sonnichs
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you Rich--I see now how the "size" option works---very manual for folders. I guess if one does not use dropbox intensively and only has a few folders that would work, but for any reasonable number of folders (I have hundreds) that would be too primitive. I was looking for something more like the Unix "du" command so that I could sort the sizes and find out where all the space is being used.

Thank you for your time

Fritz

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sonnichs Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?