cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: unsupported path provided

"unsupported path provided" and "Something went wrong on our end" error on the website

Kenny lin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can not open my dropbox folder, and system told me this is [unsupported path provided] 。Does anyone know how to solve it? many thanks.

25 Replies 25

Raminmohammad
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Anyone else having an indexing and search issue? On dropbox.com I see all of my folders but when I search for files or folders, it gives me an error that the folder/file path doesn't exist even though the folder is right there. Dropbox said it's a known indexing issue and problem should resolve itself but in 24-72 hours but it has been a week now and still I can't search files on dropbox.com.

Raminmohammad
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Can someone please help me as well? My ticket is Ticket #18876353 but no one is assigned per the status. I get this error when I search for files. It gives an old path that doesn't exist.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Raminmohammad, thanks for your comment here.

From what I can see, after taking a look at your ticket, a member of our team has replied back to you, so make sure to check your emails to see their response.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I've been fighting with Dropbox for about a week now about incorrect or defective search results - simple searches not finding photo or folder that is absolutely there.  I have sent more emails (with screenshots documenting the problem) than I can count and contacted online chat way too often. So far I have gotten ZERO response to any email, and all chat tells me is that the problem has been sent to the escalation team. Still nothing, which is unusual and tells me that there is chronic search problem, especially seeing all of the complaints on the internet.  Dropbox, please just admit it and fix it. I will continue to contact Dropbox you and ultimately demand some redress or compensation.

Raminmohammad
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Let me know how it works out. I had the same situation and am now trying to move all my files to Box. It's more expensive but the whole point of cloud storage is being able to search and find your files. I have asked for reimbursement for the faulty service but nothing so far.

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Good luck on that.........I might be too far in to change now.

If you get compensated, please let us know.

Need more support?