cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Blob URLs

Blob URLs

fridebidehu
Helpful | Level 5

Hello
I am often downloading PDF files from the web, e. g. bank account statements and so on.
When these documents are generated on the go (url starts with blob://), I cannot save them to Dropbox.
To be precise: I am running the iOS Dropbox app (latest version) and Safari on iOS 14.5.1 (iPhone 7). As far as I know I had the same problem on Chrome and iOS 14.4.
The work-around is to use Apple's Files.app to save the file to Dropbox... it works but it's weird.
When saving directly the file to Dropbox using the "Share" menu, I get an error message from Dropbox (Impossible to save the file, check your Internet connection) or - worse - it creates an empty file instead of saving the actual file.
Did anyone else experience this problem? Is it a know Dropbox issue on iOS?

10 Replies 10

fridebidehu
Helpful | Level 5
That is getting interesting. I did the same operation with Google Drive and Microsoft Onedrive and they work just fine !
So it is definitely a problem with Dropbox.
Need more support?