cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t preview files on mobile iOS

Can’t preview files on mobile iOS

Asdf12341
New member | Level 2

I opened my Dropbox today and I’m unable to view any files on the app or online. I tried both on my iPad Pro and my iPhone but no luck. I reinstalled the app too but nothing helped. What is going on? It says I need to view them on a computer but I don’t have a computer! I’ve never had this problem before. I’m on a family plan that we’re paying for. Please fix this, I need to be able to view my bank statements and file them. Here’s a screenshot from the app:

June 2023.jpeg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Asdf12341
New member | Level 2

I figured the problem out. When retitling a file, you have to add the name of the type of file it is at the end. Example Photos.pdf or Photos.jpeg. I never had to do this before so it must be the recent update. Unfortunately, I have to go through and do this for all my files but at least I can open them now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Asdf12341, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Does the file preview normally after downloading or exporting it to your device? Also, does it open normally from a web browser?

Have you tried clearing the app's cache at all since you first noticed this?

Keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Asdf12341
New member | Level 2

I figured the problem out. When retitling a file, you have to add the name of the type of file it is at the end. Example Photos.pdf or Photos.jpeg. I never had to do this before so it must be the recent update. Unfortunately, I have to go through and do this for all my files but at least I can open them now.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Asdf12341 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?