cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox link only will download 7GB of 126GB file

Dropbox link only will download 7GB of 126GB file

mattpetrunak
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

A colleague of mine has Dropbox Plus account and has uploaded a 126GB video file which he sent me the link to. I have tried several times to download this large file. Every time the download completes, the file is only 7GB total, but it is supposed to be 126GB. I have tried downloading to both a HDD and an SSD, each with 1TB of space available, but it's the same problem. The file only comes out to 7GB. I have fast 300mbps internet download. I am using an ethernet cable and have no issues downloading other things from websites. There are no error messages displayed. Any ideas why this is happening?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mattpetrunak, let's jump right into this! 

If I am guessing correctly, it seems you're using our website in order to download the file, right? Do you get any specific errors, or do you see the file as incomplete?

Keep in mind that a 126GB file would be too large, in order to successfully download from our website. Since you're using a Plus plan, and provided that you have enough available space, have you tried adding the file to your Dropbox account instead? 

That way, you can use the app to sync the file from your account, locally. 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mattpetrunak, let's jump right into this! 

If I am guessing correctly, it seems you're using our website in order to download the file, right? Do you get any specific errors, or do you see the file as incomplete?

Keep in mind that a 126GB file would be too large, in order to successfully download from our website. Since you're using a Plus plan, and provided that you have enough available space, have you tried adding the file to your Dropbox account instead? 

That way, you can use the app to sync the file from your account, locally. 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mattpetrunak
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Okay I was able to use the app to get it to work, it looks like that the website was my issue. Thanks Megan!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mattpetrunak Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?