cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Photos tab for Business Account

Enable Photos tab for Business Account

tfawcett
New member | Level 2

Hey guys, 

I have a personal and business Dropbox account.  My personal account has a Photos feature that allows me to browse all photos found on my account.  my business account does not have the Photos option.  Is there a way to enable the Photos option on the business side?  

Personal Account level - 

Business Account Level - Standard 

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @tfawcett, welcome to our Community! 

From what you said, I understand that you're referring to the Photos tab that you see online when accessing your personal plan. 

Keep in mind that the Photos tab has been disabled for team accounts, and removed from the Sidebar. That would explain why you can't see it when using your Business account. 

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tfawcett
New member | Level 2

Thanks Megan.  Why is that disabled and is there any chance it could be changed?  We would like to manage photos together as a team using Dropbox.  Thank you!! 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @tfawcett, with Dropbox team, users can connect their personal and work accounts on all of their devices. By doing so, users can keep their data separated, yet available at all times.

Because of this feature, certain changes have been made to Dropbox teams, and that was one of them.

Your comments on our Photos tab have been quite helpful, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard.

I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BPChase
Explorer | Level 4

I would really like this available for Teams also.

It's odd that such a useful feature has been completely removed from the toolbox when "upgrading." 

Why did we lose a feature after and upgrade?

solomon23
Explorer | Level 3

It's terrible Dropbox removed the Photos tab. In general, Dropbox is horrible for photo viewing and now by removing this tab it is virtually impossible to browse your photos properly especially when you have a large library.

Of all the storage providers out there, Dropbox has the very worst photo viewing experience. It seems that as time goes by the teams at Dropbox are working towards making the experience for photos worse. With 99% of all my storage on Dropbox consisting of photos and videos, I will need to find another solution for storage if Dropbox doesn't do anything about this.

Dropbox doesn't care what I say when it comes to this. All the "we'll pass the feedback to our team" is a bunch of BS because the team never does anything about your feedback. They have their agenda and don't accommodate to the users. At least I can say this when it comes to personal use of their service. They seem to only care about selling business subscriptions.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

solomon23 Explorer | Level 3
    BPChase Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    tfawcett New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?