cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder not loading images on mobile

Folder not loading images on mobile

xoxoJen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I load photos to a shared folder "anyone with link can view" the images are only viewable on desktop machine. Mobile will load the page, but there are empty/blank squares in place of all the images.

This is not only happening to me specific, but four other users and with shared folder links other than mine.

I do not have the dropbox ap installed on my phone but other users do and have same result - empty boxes where images should be.

Help?

31 Replies 31

xoxoJen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Sure thing, thank you for the investigating!

yuzack
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Guys~

IT happened to me too yesterday.

it seem  Images  in folder link  wont't show on mobile but  on table device(for non-dropbox user).

( still ,it did loading images but screen displays empty blanks   S__54272041.jpg)

not beacuse  IE ,FireFox ,chrome    or   the the Link 's level of acess!

there is some  smilair issue https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Mobile/Share-folder-not-loading-images/td-p/260214

so what's up ?

Aliciahomestage
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi!  Yesterday I was sharing links to some files containing photos via text message on my iphone, and everything was going fine.  Everyone could open them, even those without the Dropbox app.  Then suddenly something went wrong.   No one can open them anymore, and I was even having trouble sending them, getting a failure to send message.    I tried attaching a new link to the files, and still no one could open them.  I tried creating a new file and trying to send the link to that to see if there was something wrong with my old files, and they can't open new ones either.  I even deleted and re-launched my Dropbox app on myphone, and that didn't work.

I treid sending a link on my computer via email, and that didn't work.  No one can open any links to files I send out...I am sendng them out with the "anyone with this link can view".  My husband just gets blank sqaures when he tries to openthe ink, but a friend of my get a notice saying that this address no longer exists.  What happened, and how do I fix this?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Can you send us some actual error messages?
Screenshots etc.?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

zhp3nn
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Not showing images when open Dropbox folder link on iPhone, and tap thumbnails not respond at all,The issue Start from yesterday WechatIMG56.jpeg

PaolaRB
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
The shared links on mobile phones ask to install the app to see them

Reignman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I am having this exact same problem. Can't view shared links that contains videos. Can't play them in Safari or Chrome on iPhone. The videos used to have thumbnails and play but now they are just white thumbnails and can't play. I have 5 other people say the same thing when the links are shared with them.

Darendeli
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I am having same issue on my mobile devices as well. Pictures load when I request desktop version in google chrome. Mobile version won’t load it.

emilydolan751
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue as decsribed above- can someone help?

Reignman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is anybody from DropBox actively looking into this?? This is hindering our projects greatly. Thx.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Frank_S Dropbox Staff
    Vernon Dropbox Staff
    muresanozana1 Explorer | Level 3
    Anastasios Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?