cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I open/view Dropbox files on a desktop computer sent by a friend to my iPhone text messages?

How do I open/view Dropbox files on a desktop computer sent by a friend to my iPhone text messages?

bluzeharp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can open these audio files on an iPhone X, but need to listen to them at my desktop computer.  Have logged into Dropbox on the desktop but can't discover a way to locate any files other than the ones I've generated myself.  Not asking about how to cast from the phone.  I'm using the free version of Dropbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @bluzeharp, thanks for posting on our Community and happy Friday!

May I ask how exactly are those files shared with you in the first place?

If it's through a shared link, have you tried forwarding that to your computer and opening it from there?

Otherwise, you could download or export it on your phone and upload it to your Dropbox account to be able to see it on both of your devices and our website.

In any case, please keep me posted. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @bluzeharp, thanks for posting on our Community and happy Friday!

May I ask how exactly are those files shared with you in the first place?

If it's through a shared link, have you tried forwarding that to your computer and opening it from there?

Otherwise, you could download or export it on your phone and upload it to your Dropbox account to be able to see it on both of your devices and our website.

In any case, please keep me posted. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@bluzeharp wrote:

I can open these audio files on an iPhone X, but need to listen to them at my desktop computer.  Have logged into Dropbox on the desktop but can't discover a way to locate any files other than the ones I've generated myself.

You were likely sent a shared link to the files. You either need to open the same link on your computer, or you can open the link on your phone, sign in to your Dropbox account and use the option to save the files to your own Dropbox account where you could then access them from your computer.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?