cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image resolution upscaled

Image resolution upscaled

jakub_t
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to ask about images and their presentation. If i upload relatively small images ( like 1200 x 800 or so ) they are displayed slightly upscaled. If i open them in the web browser and set the zoom level to 100% they are still slightly bigger than the original and image quality is quite corrupted.

Is there any way to fix this and display the uploaded image in its original size and not image which is actually bigger, than the original? Which does not make sense. I would understand scaling the image down to save the bandwidth, but why to scale the image up?

Thank you in advance, Jakub.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jakub_t
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Megan and thanks a lot for your answer. Actually I am terribly sorry. I wanted to prepare some screenshots and realized, that it is not dropbox who is upscaling the images, but its my browser itself.

I am really sorry for asking before thinking twice. I will probably try to delete this post, since it is only confusing.

Thank you all, Jakub.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @jakub_t, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

The preview of your files on our website can't be changed at this time, but you'll always be able to see the original after downloading it from the website and opening it locally on your devices. 

I hope this clears things up and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jakub_t
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Walter and thank you a lot for your reply.

Can I ask you the reason for this if you know? I do not understand why to upscale those images. I can understand downscaling of large pictures, but why to upscale the small images? It only makes the bandwidth larger and it is unusable to present your images like that if you want to retain some quality. Is there a chance that there will be some update regarding this?

Thank you a lot, Jakub.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @jakub_t, can you send us a few screenshots of the images as they appear locally on your device, and what do you see on the other end on the Dropbox website? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jakub_t
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Megan and thanks a lot for your answer. Actually I am terribly sorry. I wanted to prepare some screenshots and realized, that it is not dropbox who is upscaling the images, but its my browser itself.

I am really sorry for asking before thinking twice. I will probably try to delete this post, since it is only confusing.

Thank you all, Jakub.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @jakub_t, thanks for the update. It's best to leave this thread here in case others might find the information helpful.

Just for clarification, when you said the browser upscaled it, what browser setting was it exactly which caused this behavior?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    jakub_t Helpful | Level 6
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?