cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MP3 files are not playable any more

My MP3 files are not playable any more

CCons4
Explorer | Level 3

I have been storing shared MP3 files on my Android's Dropbox for years but very recently none of them will play. I am redirected to open them with Zoom, which fails. When I delete Zoom a message says that I have no means of opening MP3. Help please!

11 Replies 11

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @CCons4, welcome to our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Just to make sure we're troubleshooting the right thing here, could you check if you can preview those files normally through a web browser on your device? 

If you get any specific error along the way, please send us a screenshot so that we can have a visual too.

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

CCons4
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Walter, I just tried to play them from the web browser, and they play!So I am very pleased. But not through the app....weird.
The message I get on the app says: "Couldn't open...
Please download an app that supports this kind of file or try opening it on a computer to edit. "

Rich
Super User II

@CCons4 wrote:

I am redirected to open them with Zoom, which fails. When I delete Zoom a message says that I have no means of opening MP3.

Check to make sure you have a default music app set within Android's settings.

CCons4
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks Rich. Any suggestions? I have tried two so far and neither play Dropbox files without me having to transfer them in individually.

Lisaq80
Explorer | Level 3
Hi

I am having the same problem.
I read previous comments and it says try playing in browser, I copied and pasted into browser and it still wouldn't work and I looked to see about music player being default (usually asks which music app to open with) but I cannot default it. Any ideas? And how can I prevent this from happening in the future pls?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Lisaq80, let's see what we can find on this! 

Do you get any errors on your end when trying to preview the files? 

Feel free to let me know the OS you're using, and if it's up to date along with the Dropbox app installed on your phone. 

Keep me posted!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Lisaq80
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for your reply Megan. I re downloaded Dropbox to make sure the version is up to date. I am using my phone which is a Samsung. I was listening to the audio and I turned it off. When I went back to listen again it redirected me to zoom and I can't do anything g with it from there. I tried downloading it but it says the phone has no apps to support opening it. I also tried opening it on my laptop

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Lisaq80, sorry to jump in here, but could you clarify if you were able to preview the file normally on your laptop?

If you're getting an error there too, I'd appreciate a screenshot so that we can have a visual too. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Lisaq80
Explorer | Level 3
No apology needed Walter, all help graciously appreciated. This is a work file I need ASAP 😬
So, no I could not open on the laptop either.
I try open it. It redirects to zoom and then I get this message (attached)
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Lisaq80 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?