cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server or Network failed or the Format is Not Supported

Server or Network failed or the Format is Not Supported

sachouh
Explorer | Level 4

I have been trying to view a video that was uploaded here but I keep getting the error message "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." I then tried to download the video (using chrome) and it failed, saying that there was a server problem. I have tried changing my DNS settings, refreshing the page, checking to see if my browser is up to date, changed browsers, downloaded Quicktime player and VLC to try and view the video (it was captured on an iphone and is apparently an mp4 file), and even tried to disable adblock and got nothing. I'm tired of this and I just want to watch the video... What else can I do?

Here is a link to the video https://www.dropbox.com/s/nru5e6j1ar2i5a9/VID_20220917_160014.mp4?dl=0

6 Replies 6

sachouh
Explorer | Level 4

This is an image of what the dropbox link looks like on my screen.

unknown.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @sachouh, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I see that you're trying to view the video from the shared link. Are you able to preview it on dropbox.com, if you save it to your Dropbox instead?

Also, would it be possible to try to connect to a different network and check if you get the same behavior?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

sachouh
Explorer | Level 4
Hello Hannah,

I have tried to view it from a different wifi network and I have it saved to my dropbox. I tried to view it from my dropbox but it still did not work.

Cheers.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @sachouh, sorry to jump in, but can you check with the owner of the shared link and file if the file is still in their account and not deleted? Can they preview it normally on their end?

If possible, you can ask them to re-share the file with you anew using a new shared link as well.

Let us know of any updates!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

sachouh
Explorer | Level 4

The owner of the file re-uploaded the video. I can now preview it, however it will not download to my computer. Is this because the file is greater than 9 gigs? It is the only thing I have in my dropbox. I don't want to have to pay for a subscription just to see one video...

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Happy to see that you're now able to preview the video!

If you're on a free Basic account with 2 GB of space, what you wouldn't be able to do, is save it to your Dropbox account.

But you shouldn't have an issue downloading it to your computer. Are you using the 'download' button or the 'save to Dropbox' one?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    sachouh Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?