cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile app - photo viewing

mobile app - photo viewing

greg1245
Explorer | Level 3

i was hoping the community could help:

on my phone app: when i view my camera uploads, or any picture, they come up with the white section at the top and bottom (top section has the file info, and bottom has the options such as 'share' or edit, etc).

if i want to view my photos by swiping (left or right) these white sections are always there - sure a can double tap each one to remove them but as soon as you swipe to the next picture they are there again.

any tips on how i can view my photos in full screen by swiping left/right without double tapping each one to remove the white sections?

Jeff

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @greg1245, thanks for reaching out to our Community.

I just tested this on my own device and if I actually tap to hide the options in the sections above and under the photo, I don't have to tap for each photo every time I swipe to the next one.

Are you using an iOS or Android phone? And are you using the most recent version of both your OS and the Dropbox app?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

greg1245
Explorer | Level 3

thanks for your prompt response Hanna,

Andriod (Samsung) phone, "Andriod version 12" it says.

as for the version of the Dropbox app: i could not find this version info within the 'settings' section of the App, or the fuction to check the software currency. maybe you could help me find this?

i did try to "tap to hide the options in the sections above and under the photo", however this did not work.

To clarify, i bring a photo up through the "files" section of the app, and it has the white sections at the top and bottom, the only way i hide the white sections is to tap the photo itself and the white sections disappear. Then, if i then swipe right/left the white sections reappear with the next picture.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @greg1245, are you referring to the sections that mention the file name on top of the file, and Dropbox options such as share etc.?

Can you send me a screenshot of what you see on your end, in order for me to have a visual of this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

greg1245
Explorer | Level 3

image000000.jpg

greg1245
Explorer | Level 3

image000000.jpg

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @greg1245, thank you for the screenshots! 

At the moment you can't remove these, you can only tap once on the file in order for the info not to be available. In any case, I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

Thanks!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    greg1245 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?