cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are my most recent files?

where are my most recent files?

rkane1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I've been using Dropbox for years. My MacBook laptop screen recently broke so I'm trying to access my files on a PC.  I used my email address and password but the only files showing end at approximately 2019.  My laptop access was fine, although I had the option to select "Dropbox (Archived 1)", "Dropbox (Archives 2)," and just "Dropbox," which is the link I used to access my recent files.  It looks like I'm only accessing my archived files.  How can I find my most up-to-date documents?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rkane1 wrote:

My MacBook laptop screen recently broke so I'm trying to access my files on a PC.  I used my email address and password but the only files showing end at approximately 2019.

Everything in your account should be visible when you sign in on the Dropbox website. If it's not there, it was likely never synced to your account. Check your Events page to see your recent activity. If it's not showing anything beyond 2019, then the Dropbox application likely hasn't been running so your files haven't synced.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rkane1 wrote:

My MacBook laptop screen recently broke so I'm trying to access my files on a PC.  I used my email address and password but the only files showing end at approximately 2019.

Everything in your account should be visible when you sign in on the Dropbox website. If it's not there, it was likely never synced to your account. Check your Events page to see your recent activity. If it's not showing anything beyond 2019, then the Dropbox application likely hasn't been running so your files haven't synced.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?