cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when trying to upload a short video

Error message when trying to upload a short video

daveandvera
Explorer | Level 3

115B11FA-7FE7-4598-A604-58F32C2C3E03.jpeg hello, I am a novice user so please bear with me if I do something wrong here. I have a basic dropbox account, I use it for storing evidence for the police of crimes that regularly occur in my street. I download the footage in question from CCTV and upload it to dropbox then send the appropriate link to the police When they have received it I delete it as I don’t have much storage space on Dropbox.Trouble is since yesterday whenever I try to upload a short video I get an error message. I signed in I signed out still error message I deleted the app I downloaded the app again still get the error message I’ve changed the Wi-Fi I have sufficient speed still getting error message can you help?

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @daveandvera, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please let us know your device's exact OS version and the version of the Dropbox mobile app installed there as well?

Do you get the same error when uploading via the (+) button within the Dropbox app by the way?

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

daveandvera
Explorer | Level 3

IPad version 15.7.3 ,I think app is 318.2 but not sure if I tried to go to upload a photo direct from my photo album on the iPad I get the same error message, if I start in the dropbox app and tried to add with the plus sign something from my photo folder I got the same error message

daveandvera
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, another weird thing happened as well, during the process of trying to upload to dropbox it said housekeeping in progress but only for a few seconds, then when I tried again it said camera uploads not enabled so I enabled them then it said videos not enabled so I enabled them this has never happened before I’ve never had this happened before and I’ve been uploading videos for a couple of years no problems this is the first time these settings have ever been presented during the process

daveandvera
Explorer | Level 3

Hi again Walter, update important, I got it to work! This time I opened  up the app for the CCTV system and uploaded from that directly to dropbox and it worked, however it still doesn’t work if I start with photos on the iPad and select upload to Dropbox and it doesn’t work from the dropbox app with a plus symbol so I really suspect it’s Apple software messing everything up again

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Glad to hear you got it to work! Have you checked for any pending OS updates on your device @daveandvera?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

daveandvera
Explorer | Level 3

It just says the operating system is up to date, I find that whenever Apple forces you into an update something always has to be put back to my preferences. They always switch the Bluetooth on which I hate tick the box for GameCenter which I would never use all sorts of sneaky switch ons 

Ever since Apple came out with the iPhone I have been a fan but these last few years ihave  seen them for what they are money grabbing world dominating manipulative with a hidden agenda  the iPhone I have at the minute it’s the last one I’ll ever be buying Apple is great when everything is playing nicely together but when you want to do something that they don’t want you to do or they decide it’s time they want you to buy another phone and brick your older phone you know somebody is pulling the strings to control people like sheep Rant over Lol

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

daveandvera Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?