cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to disable emails for every comment in a shared folder.

Need to disable emails for every comment in a shared folder.

Ebfoster
Explorer | Level 3

I’m using the Dropbox app (not replay) and I’m receiving an email for every comment made from a folder with thousands of images. I want my client to be able to make the comments but I do not want an email every time she does. I have I clicked all the boxes in the “notifications” options in my account but I am still receiving the emails with her comments. Please help my inbox is filling up with emails with just a heart comment and it’s very frustrating

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ebfoster, let's jump right into this! 

You mentioned the desktop app, and the email notifications you receive. Just to make sure we're on the same page, do you receive these notifications in your account, in every platform, or just via email? 

Is it on Dropbox Paper, or on a shared file? Have you tried disabling the comment notifications using these steps? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Ebfoster
Explorer | Level 3
So I basically uploaded about 54 folders and each folder has 59-100 jog images every time my client hearts an image I get a physical email. I have now received over 100 emails and counting. It’s not feasible for me to turn off comments on every image. I want my client to be able to heart the images she likes but I do not want to receive an email every time she puts a heart on an image. Hope that helps

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ebfoster, currently, there isn't a method to disable the email notifications in bulk on files, only on a per file basis.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

noswad
New member | Level 2

I have used Dropbox for years and in preference of One Drive etc.  I actually pay for it! Why would any programmer think sending an email to the document owner every time a viewer likes (or hearts) a document is a good idea?   Seriously! What were you thinking?   Get rid of this feature, or make it a one that is off by default but can be turned on.  Please lets be sensible. I know you are an expert programmer, but really sometime a simple user experience is preferred because we have work to do in order to pay Dropbox invoices, and deleting hundreds of emails one at a time is not helping our productivity.   

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

noswad New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Ebfoster Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?