cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared folder is being added to the wrong account

Shared folder is being added to the wrong account

mk34
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

A folder was shared with me using the email I have attached to my personal account but when I try to add it to my personal dropbox account it keeps adding it to the business account that I am a member of (using a different email address).  I tried making sure I was logged into my personal account before I clicked on the link but it keeps defaulting back to the business account.  How do I add it to my personal account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mk34
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I got it to work.  I clicked the emailed link- it opened in dropbox (it automatically switched to my business account)  I copied the link from the "copy link" button inside Dropbox then I signed out both accounts.  Pasted the link, clicked on the option to add the folder to Dropbox account- logged into my personal account.  Phew.  Not sure why I was stuck in that loop.  But all good now. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mk34, thanks for joining us on the Dropbox Community!

Are you sure that the folder was shared to the correct email address?

If so, you might want to access the invitation from a browser that is not signed in to any Dropbox account or from a private browsing window.

Otherwise, you can go into your personal account and then go to your 'shared' tab to add it from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mk34
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I was wrong in my terminology. He didn't share the folder he sent me a link to a folder that I wanted to add to my personal dropbox.  It is a lot of large files and it downloads better from the desktop app.  

He definitely sent it to my personal email account.  I don't see it in my notification or shared folder because it was a link not an invite.

Still is trying to add it to the business/team account.

Thank you for your help!

mk34
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I got it to work.  I clicked the emailed link- it opened in dropbox (it automatically switched to my business account)  I copied the link from the "copy link" button inside Dropbox then I signed out both accounts.  Pasted the link, clicked on the option to add the folder to Dropbox account- logged into my personal account.  Phew.  Not sure why I was stuck in that loop.  But all good now. 

Thanks!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear it's sorted now and thanks for keeping us in the loop @mk34

See you around the Community and take care!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    mk34 Helpful | Level 5
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?