cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I use the Files app on iOS, the files are converted to an unknown file.

When I use the Files app on iOS, the files are converted to an unknown file.

Sasamen81
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Good morning. When I upload a folder from the file app (iOS) to dropbox, it converts it to an unknown format that cannot be opened (regardless of the contents of the folder). Can you help me? Thank you

13 Replies 13

Sasamen81
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I get this error when I try to upload a folder from iPhone/iPad. it's not the preview. The folder won't open and won't show me its contents. If I create a folder directly from dropbox I have no problems

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @Sasamen81,

Thanks for sharing this issue with us. I have passed it along, and the appropriate team is looking into a solution. I will update this thread when I have more information.

Regards,

Ben

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @Sasamen81,

Good news! Our engineering team has investigating this issue, and we will be implementing a fix in a mobile release in the near future. While I can't give an exact timeline, I can update this thread when the new version is released.

Regards,

Ben

Sasamen81
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Perfect… Thank you very much!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sasamen81 Explorer | Level 3
    BenDBX Community Manager
    Megan Dropbox Staff