cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't copy link to share files

can't copy link to share files

poulin888
Explorer | Level 4

Just trying to share a link to a file that I have shared before successfully and this weekend I get this message

Can’t share file

We’ve suspended your sharing activity because of a violation of Dropbox’s Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy, and Terms of Service or Services Agreement.

Looking through the 5 main reasons I don't see any that would cause this. I am sharing music files with a group on a private forum. The last file that I am trying to share (the done that has been working) is a tune that I wrote, so no copyright issue there. Now I can't share any of my files at all.

Has anyone had this happen, and how did you resolve the issue? Thanks for any attempt to help me.

13 Replies 13

poulin888
Explorer | Level 4

I don't know who or how to contact for help with this, please re-direct me if necessary. When I try to copy a link to share a file I get the following message:

Can’t share file​

We’ve suspended your sharing activity because of a violation of Dropbox’s Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy, and Terms of Service or Services Agreement.

I can't imagine what I have done to cause this to happen. Please help me to restore normal dropbox functionality. Thank you.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @poulin888 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May we reach out via email to have a further look internally?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

poulin888
Explorer | Level 4

Please. I appreciate any efforts to resolve this.

Do you need my email address? I assume (could easily be wrong) that you have it. If these messages are not visible to the public I am happy to provide the address.

Thanks, Steve 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Sure thing, Steve. You've got :envelope: 

Whenever you get the chance, take a look at your email;'s inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

poulin888
Explorer | Level 4

Ticket: 23243579

I recently opened the ticket shown above because my attempts to copy a link were unsuccessful. Walter and Leah were very helpful, and it seemed as though the problem was resolved. Unfortunately it is not. It seemed like it was working for a bit and then it's back to the same thing.

Leah thought it could have been due to malware being detected on my files . I scanned and rescanned everything using Malwarebyles and Viper AV. Nothing bad detected.

Please help.

Steve

poulin888
Explorer | Level 4

it appears to be working normally this morning. Yesterday, it didn't work and I opened the ticket. Then it worked for a bit. Then it was doing the same bad stuff again. Now this morning it seems to be working. I don't know what is up?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Glad to hear it's   working now @poulin888 

Let us know if anything else comes up! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

poulin888
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Walter. So I wonder what happened? It didn't work so I opened the ticket. Leah gets back to me and everything seems OK. Then I send a couple of things out and it's back to not working. Now this morning it works again. I know the "we can't fix it if it aint broke" thing, I've said that many times. Can you tell if everything looks OK on your end? Do you have any idea of why it goofed again after Leah looking into it? I appreciate your efforts and I'm not trying to be a pain. I just really don't like posting something using a Dropbox link and getting the response that I sent a dead link. I guess I just wait and see?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Since I won't be able to look into your account's specifics, I'd suggest getting back to your ticket and ask for further information there since Leah would be better equipped to address your concerns @poulin888 

Let us know of any updates!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    poulin888 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?