cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

little green check marks

little green check marks

R R.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Running Dropbox 3.0.3 on Mac Yosemite. How can I turn on the little green checkmarks that show all my files are up to date? (The dropbox icon in my tray tells me "Up to date" but I want my desktop folder to confirm it for each of the subfolders)

Thanks for any leads on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dave S.49
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I just ran the dropbox installer and the issue is cleared up for me.  When I clicked on the dropbox icon in the tray, there was a "learn more" button about the issue.  That led me to the dropbox installer solution.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marco P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

To ensure that the Dropbox software installed in your Mac computer is working correctly, I’d like you to do a complete reinstall to try to fix the problem. This will not affect or remove the files in your Dropbox folder.

Please save and quit all programs accessing files in the Dropbox folder, and then follow these instructions:

Note: Please be sure to take note or take a screenshot of any Selective Sync settings you may have applied prior to re-installing in case you need to re-apply these settings upon re-install.

1. Stop Dropbox (If needed):
  • Click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen
  • Click on the gear icon in the Notifications panel and select 'Quit Dropbox'
  1. Download the newest version:

www.dropbox.com/install

1. Open your Terminal app (Located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal)

2. Copy and paste the following lines into the Terminal, ONE AT A TIME, and press ENTER after each one. PLEASE make sure you copy and paste these commands (don't type them by hand), as getting them wrong could cause some harm. You'll be prompted for your computer's admin password (not your Dropbox password) after entering the first command. Keep in mind that the password field in the terminal will remain blank as you type your password. After you type it, just press ENTER.

Please note that you could see an error message regarding the existence of the folder ".dropbox-master" when you run the fifth of the following lines. This is completely normal and you can go on with the next line.

In order for the following terminal commands to work, the Dropbox folder should be in /Users/USERNAME/Dropbox

If the folder is not in /Users/USERNAME/Dropbox, DO NOT run the following commands, unless you do the following changes. Please replace ~/Dropbox for the full location in the host info of the specific computer. You should edit the Dropbox folder path to match the host info directory. For example, if the Dropbox path is /Volumes/MyDrive/Dropbox (Team) all ~/Dropbox entries should be replaced with "/Volumes/MyDrive/Dropbox (Team)".

sudo chown "$USER" "$HOME"

sudo chown -R "$USER" ~/Dropbox

sudo chmod -R u+rw ~/Dropbox

sudo mv ~/.dropbox ~/.Trash/dropbox.old

sudo mv ~/.dropbox-master ~/.Trash/dropbox-master.old

sudo chmod -N ~

sudo mv /Library/DropboxHelperTools ~/DropboxHelperTools.old

1. Open the .dmg file from step # 2 and double click the Dropbox icon to install Dropbox.

2. Restart Dropbox from the Applications folder, then please sign in and apply any Selective Sync settings you may have had prior to the reinstall during the sign in process. Your account will take a few moments to reindex the files and sync any pending changes.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes! Thanks!

tony s.30
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi - Dbox was working fine with green circles on my iMac 2011 which I sold a few weeks ago.

I then bought a new iMac 2015 and no green circles!  

I tried all sorts of stuff to try and get the green circles - but without success and the I found you deception in the forum.

I have tried your process above at least 4 times and still cannot get the green circles running.  The irony is I have just rebuilt my Macbook Pro circa 2012 and reloaded Dbox and lovely green circles.

I still have no green circles on my new iMac.

Any ideas

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Which versions of Dropbox you using Tony if you mouse over its icon on your status bar?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

tony s.30
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Mark

Dropbox ver. 3.12.5

El Capitan 10.11.2

pls help

T.

Dave S.49
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having a similar issue.  Also have Dropbox ver. 3.12.5.  I think it started when I upgraded to Windows 10 recently.  In my case, the green checks for folders and files appear as expected some of the time, and other times they don't appear at all.  The green check (or blue syncing icon) is always there at the icon in the tray.

Dave S.49
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I just ran the dropbox installer and the issue is cleared up for me.  When I clicked on the dropbox icon in the tray, there was a "learn more" button about the issue.  That led me to the dropbox installer solution.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dave S.49 New member | Level 1
    tony s.30 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?