cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Vault won't give me access!!!

HELP! Vault won't give me access!!!

Walk Humongous
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I just set up Vault yesterday. I put in my most sensitive documents. I accessed them today and then "poof" I'm not allowed to access them. I can put in my correct password and it lets me in to the next stage but doesn't show my folders in Vault and says "you don't have permission to edit this folder. Contact a folder admin to get access"  I noticed this first when trying to upload something to Vault on my phone, the phone couldn't access it anymore, then on my desktop.  I can lock Vault and then unlock it fine.  

It appears there is no longer phone support from Dropbox and the nobody was available on chat so they asked me to send an email, which I did.  I need this fixed asap and need some support from Dropbox. Very frustrating.

I'm worried all my most important files are gone!!!

31 Replies 31

bbdp
New member | Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem. 

jklalusis
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to access my vault files and it does not load in all my devices even in the website. When I tried opening the vault. In the app, it is said "Restricted access. You're not currently a member of this folder. For access, ask your admin." I cannot find a reason for this to happen. I am updated with payment as well and the next billing cycles is still due next week.

bbdp
New member | Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm so worried right now.

rachnatrehan
New member | Level 2

I am currently having the same problem. Please help fix this ASAP.

rachnatrehan
New member | Level 2

Vault shows no access. It takes me as far as entering the pin, but then gets stuck in a loop. Please help!

Walk Humongous
Explorer | Level 4
Mine seems to have corrected itself after a few hours. After having the issue I checked with a friend who uses Vault too and he had the same problem so it wasn’t just me and I see others here had the issue. Is everyone cleared up? Can someone from Dropbox confirm it was/is a known issue? I’m a bit frightened to use Vault at all now after having this happen within 48hrs of me trying the functionality. I thought I lost my most important docs, but thankfully it was only temporary. I have now moved them out of Vault until we figure this out and we get an explanation. In the time I was locked out I was delayed with work by not having access to certain business documents what were stuck in there.

rachnatrehan
New member | Level 2

Mine is still not working... All important documents are in the folder. @Dropbox Can you help????

rachnatrehan
New member | Level 2

I can't access my Vault folder either. Freaking out at the moment. Can someone please help!!!

kirillz
New member | Level 2

Same here. Been in a loop. 

Support team replies with the generic “send us a screenshot” answer.

Been looking into Google One as an alternative cuz I can’t let this happen again since these are all important files.

bbdp
New member | Level 2

Are you all still having the problem?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    ss31 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Bckz3828 New member | Level 2
    CommunityUser New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?