cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import photos from Dropbox to Adobe Lightroom

Import photos from Dropbox to Adobe Lightroom

Zevs
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have been able to import photos to Lightroom on My IPad from folders on Dropbox. When trying that today it seems not to work. I can find the photos without any problem and select them for import, but then nothing happens. Sometimes if I just select one single photo it will be imported correctly, but most often even that doesn't work. After waiting for awhile for something to happen I often get a message saying "couldn't communicate with a helper application". What is going here, does anyone know why this adding of photos does not work now ......? Grateful for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zevs
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I eventually solved this problem by first deleting and then reinstalling Adobe Lightroom on my iPad. Since my photos already in Lightroom are backed up on the Adobe’s Cloud service, there was no risk of loosing any photos by this procedure, everything was loaded back into Lightroom after reinstalling the app. Thanks also to the Dropbox team for trying their best to get my problem fixed.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Zevs; welcome to our Community!

Can you please reboot your device and let me know if you're still getting the same error?

In case you do, I'd appreciate a screenshot so I can have visual too.

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Zevs
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Walter!

Thanks for the reply! I have restarted my iPad and also both Dropbox and Lightroom without any change. 

I will add screenshots, the first shows Lightroom when I try to add some photos from a Dropbox folder  The second shows how I have selected 6 photos for import into Lightroom and th third shows that the upload failed and gives an erreor message. Sometimes I get another error message saying something like the one Imentioned in my original post.

it seems to me that Lightroom and Dropbox no longer can communicate as they should.

Thanks/Zevs75F09235-709A-4EF8-8EC9-C76D42CED4E9.png836E5735-ED03-4354-896F-7951654F61BD.png8FF73E2A-2115-4DB8-93F2-8DC4E416A737.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for your swift response @Zevs!

I'm wondering if you get the same error if you try with just one file. Can you try that for me and let me know the results?

While we're at it, can you please let me know if you've enabled Dropbox as a location within your Files.app? 

Let me know what you find! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Zevs
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi again Walter and thanks for the rapid reply.

If I do this with just one file, then sometimes it does work, but most times it will also fail.

Yes, Dropbox seems to be activated in the Files app. I can locate and open files located in Dropbox using that app.

Zevs

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional details @Zevs; much appreciated!

May I reach out via the email address that's linked to your Community's profile so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools at our disposal?

Alternatively, you can log a ticket with our support team and let me know the ticket's ID here so I can then locate it in our system and get on it. 

In either case, thanks a bunch! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Zevs
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Walter, you can absolutely use my email address for that. Very grateful for any help fixing this issue.

All the best/ Zevs!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the cooperation Zevs; I appreciate it.

I've just sent you a brief message so please take a look at your inbox when you get the chance and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Zevs
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I eventually solved this problem by first deleting and then reinstalling Adobe Lightroom on my iPad. Since my photos already in Lightroom are backed up on the Adobe’s Cloud service, there was no risk of loosing any photos by this procedure, everything was loaded back into Lightroom after reinstalling the app. Thanks also to the Dropbox team for trying their best to get my problem fixed.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Zevs Helpful | Level 6
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?