cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"check your internet connection and try again" When trying to share a file?

"check your internet connection and try again" When trying to share a file?

MarthinGrobler
Explorer | Level 3

Trying to share a file, but when I enter some email addresses I get the following messages ""check your internet connection and try again". Other email addresses works 100%.  Working on a Macbook Pro. 

54 Replies 54

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @MarthinGrobler, let's see what we can find. 

Are you using the desktop app or the website to share the file?

Could you send me a screenshot of the error message? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

brainwerk
New member | Level 2

Same thing is happening to me. Trying to share an editable folder. I get this message. Sending from my MacBook Pro using both the Dropbox app and control clicking on the folder. My internet is working fine. Thanks for any help!

Oh. BTW. This also happens when they try and share the editable folder with me from their Dropbox. I am on a Mac and they are on a PC. Should that matter? Sharing a file works fine.

I did a test with a different Dropbox user (on a Mac) and it works fine. Weird!

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.17.17 AM.png

araynal
Explorer | Level 3

I also suddenly have this problem, though it seems not to matter if the invitee uses a mac or pc. I am able to invite other people, just not a select few.

brainwerk
New member | Level 2

I was able to invite them to the shared folder if I sent the invite from the Dropbox webpage. It works but it's kind of a pain.

ElSid1
Explorer | Level 3

First, I double checked the forum, including

Everything is syncing correctly, so I have internet; however, I am trying to "SHARE" a folder with a friend with a gmail account. I'm getting an error

"Check your internet connection and try again"

Dropbox 107.4.443 on Windows 10 and Linux

Dropbox error.png

ElSid1
Explorer | Level 3

Same issue on Windows 10 and Linux. I posted

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Sharing-connection-error/td-p/463938

Hopefully one thread will give us the correct answer

Righ
Explorer | Level 4

Same error, whether I share through the Dropbox App or the Finder.  I'm running Mac OS Catalina. Can't recall this error before. The e-mail addresses are marked in red highlight and the error "Check your internet connection and try again" appears below the address panel

It works fine in the Dropbox webapp, so it can't be a real internet connection issue, since the same internet connection is used for the App, the Finder and my browser (Safari 14.0).

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, thanks for nudging me back and sorry to hear that you're all having trouble with this. 

Could you let me know if you're able to share the folder or file using the website?

Also, is this issue happening only with a specific email or domain? 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Righ
Explorer | Level 4

I'm finding that it fails with every e-mail address that I've tried, up to 15 so far. 

As I've already noted, I'm one of the ones who can share using the website. 

I've checked my System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy and the App has full permission:

Privacy settings Mac OS CatalinaPrivacy settings Mac OS Catalina

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Righ Explorer | Level 4
    NuggetMagic Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?